Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Social World / Health & Healing
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Religion: Not religious
Title:Myriad

Frubals: 47
ALifetimeToWaitFor.... yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy
Default Did Jesus smoke weed?

I have read similar information over and over again of the use of mushrooms and cannabis in ancient judaism. Mushrooms were almost definately used by high priests in Judaism and shown by their dress and the semitic practices of the day. Cannabis was widely grown and a common intoxicate of the region during Christs teachings.

Just read and give me your opinions.

http://cannabis.net/articles/jesus-cannabis.html
Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3449
angellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribes
angellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribesangellous_evangellous loves hearing the ancient myths where an angry deity sent a plague of frubals to terrorize misbehaving tribes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoWasteTimeToWait

I have read similar information over and over again of the use of mushrooms and cannabis in ancient judaism. Mushrooms were almost definately used by high priests in Judaism and shown by their dress and the semitic practices of the day. Cannabis was widely grown and a common intoxicate of the region during Christs teachings.

Just read and give me your opinions.

http://cannabis.net/articles/jesus-cannabis.html
I searched scholarly articles for cannabis and Hebrew, and New Testament, and Jesus and it appears that nothing has been done on the topic.

I don't know how it's possible for the writer to claim that the ancient Hebrews knew about cannabis or used it in their annointing oil or rituals.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Lindsey-Loo Offline
Religion: Christianity
Title:Steel Magnolia

Frubals: 195
Lindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Jesus preached against getting drunk, so I don't know why he would condone the use of a plant that would cause people to lose their senses, hallucinate, etc. Also, Jesus didn't need plants to heal people. All he had to to was put his hands on someone, and they would be healed. Anyhow, this seems awfully far-fetched to me.
Ya'll oughta stop talking
Start trying to catch up
Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 AM

ALifetimeToWaitFor.... yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy

Getting drunk and drinking are too different things. Smoking weed and getting retarded are too different things and jesus drank for sure, but i will find some texts.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:36 AM

http://www.think.cz/issue/03/1.html

all scripture supported and the scripture on drinking I hadn't read before very interesting almost escapism.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Bishka Offline
Religion: Christian - LDS
Title:BANNED
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: This was given to your for the milestone of reaching 10,000 posts. 

Frubals: 855920
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoWasteTimeToWait
http://www.think.cz/issue/03/1.html

all scripture supported and the scripture on drinking I hadn't read before very interesting almost escapism.
The scriptures that they quote are entirely taken out of context.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:48 AM
MaddLlama Offline
Title:Obstructor of justice
Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: Award designated for members who show great knowledge of their religion. 

Frubals: 789
MaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsMaddLlama was overcome by the smell of rotting frubals

Can cannabis actually grow in a desert?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Bishka Offline
Religion: Christian - LDS
Title:BANNED
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: This was given to your for the milestone of reaching 10,000 posts. 

Frubals: 855920
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddLlama
Can cannabis actually grow in a desert?
Who knows....but I'm sure the Bible would have been a lot different if He did.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
BUDDY Offline
Religion: The Search
Title:User of Aspercreme

Frubals: 531
BUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubals

Let's take an honest look at the places where we would find evidence or authority for it's use, and then make a determination.

1) Biblical evidence: There is nothing in the Bible, Tora or other Jewish/Christian texts that supports, either through direct command, example or necessary inference, that Marijuana, Mushrooms or any other plant or herb was used for purposes of hallucinating, getting high, etc.

2) Archeological evidence: There is no physical evidence or scientific research done to support the claim that the people in this area used Marijuana, Mushrooms or any other plant or herb for the purpose of hallucinating, getting high, etc.

The logical conclusion therefore, since there is literally no evidence to suggest otherwise, is that these people did not use these plants and herbs for that purpose, or even that they used them at all.

*On a similar note however, I think that Puff the Magic Dragon is living in northern New Jersey and is addicted to heroin. I have no proof of it, but I did read it on the internet, so it must be true.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Booko Offline
Religion: Baha'i
Title:Deviled Hen
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 1417
Booko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rival
Booko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rivalBooko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rivalBooko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rivalBooko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rivalBooko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rivalBooko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rivalBooko is negotiating a frubal-proliferation treaty with an old rival

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellous_evangellous
I searched scholarly articles for cannabis and Hebrew, and New Testament, and Jesus and it appears that nothing has been done on the topic.

I don't know how it's possible for the writer to claim that the ancient Hebrews knew about cannabis or used it in their annointing oil or rituals.
Try the botanical angle and look up cannabis on Wikipedia.

"Cannabis" apparently has Semitic roots. That assumes the material on Wiki is correct, of course.