Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Jeremiah Offline
Religion: Cowintology
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 311
Jeremiah is a compulsive frubal lickerJeremiah is a compulsive frubal lickerJeremiah is a compulsive frubal lickerJeremiah is a compulsive frubal lickerJeremiah is a compulsive frubal lickerJeremiah is a compulsive frubal licker
Question Why do atheist eat babies?

Are religious/philosophical labels more trouble then they are worth? Do we typically pay more attention to the label rather then the person behind it?

Also, what are they good for?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Renji Offline
Title:Theist

Frubals: 455
Renji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleRenji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleRenji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleRenji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleRenji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleRenji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleRenji was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
Are religious/philosophical labels more trouble then they are worth? Do we typically pay more attention to the label rather then the person behind it?

Gee, don't eat me, I'm still a kid! lol
Old 09-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Kerr Offline
Religion: None
Title:Lofty Member
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: For your amazing patience and tolerance 

Frubals: 326
Kerr wonders whether cryogenic preservation is a suitable alternaitve to archiving old frubalsKerr wonders whether cryogenic preservation is a suitable alternaitve to archiving old frubalsKerr wonders whether cryogenic preservation is a suitable alternaitve to archiving old frubalsKerr wonders whether cryogenic preservation is a suitable alternaitve to archiving old frubalsKerr wonders whether cryogenic preservation is a suitable alternaitve to archiving old frubalsKerr wonders whether cryogenic preservation is a suitable alternaitve to archiving old frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Gee, don't eat me, I'm still a kid! lol
But I am hungry!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Azakel Offline
Religion: Spiritual
Title:Liebe ist für alle da

Frubals: 515
Azakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal bellyAzakel is starting to get quite the frubal belly

Quote:
Are religious/philosophical labels more trouble then they are worth?
Sometimes I think there are, other time maybe not so much.

Quote:
Do we typically pay more attention to the label rather then the person behind it?
I think so. Sometime we seem to get so caught in stereotypes that we don't remember to look at someone has an individual.

Quote:
Sometimes labels are need to better understand something. But they can also be so vague.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Amhairghine Offline

Frubals: 292566
Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Amhairghine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Default Humans label everything

Many labels make no sense. Atheism is one of them. It means nothing. It identifies a person for what the person does NOT believe.

A-without and theism-believe in a god, God, or gods.

I am a Non-Theists, I don't have a believe in any gods. That means I am called an Atheists.

Atheism can be relative, not all label are absolute and all inclusive.

Christian Fundamentalists are Atheists. The do not believe in Zeus, Ahura Mazda, Brahma, Jupiter, Aed Alainn, Dagda, Thor, Odin, Quetzlcoatl, Atum, Aten, Shiva, Lugh, Crom Cruach, Baldur, Mithra, etc.

Christian Fundies do not believe in 999 of the 1000 named historical gods. I differ in that I do not believe in one more god thant the Fundy.

The labels are silly. They should tell what one does believe in.

I believe in a Naturalistic Univers of Energy (some clumped together to be called Matter). I believe it can be in various forms. It can be gas clouds, nebulae, galaxies, stars, planets, comets, asteroids, black holes, gamma energy bursts, stars can explode in nova's and supernovas. Energy can undergo mergers and mergers to form matter that can combine to form stars, planets, compounds, reproducing compunds -> life -> Bacterial Groups such as Bacteroides, Cyanobacteria (Blue-green bacteria), Flavobacteria, Gram-positive Bacteria, Green Nonsulfur Bacteria, Green Sulfur Bacteria, Purple Bacteria, Spirochaetes, Thermatogales, Metazoan Phyla (the animals), Cnidaria (corals, jellyfish, Hydra), Conulariida, Ctenophora (comb jellies),

DEUTEROSTOMIA (deuterostomes)
---Echinodermata (starfish, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, etc.)
---Hemichordata (acorn worms, graptolites)
---Chordata

Cephalochordata (lancelets)

Myxini (hagfish)

Urochordata (tunicates, sea squirts)

VERTEBRATA (Vertebrates)

ECDYSOZOA (molting animals)
---Arthropoda (crabs, spiders, insects, etc.)

Anomalocarida

Cheliceramorpha (chelicerates & kin)

Crustaceamorpha (crustaceans)

Pycnogonida (sea spiders)

Trilobita (trilobites)

Uniramia (insects & kin)

---Cephaloryncha (kinorhynchs & priapulids)
---Nematoda (roundworms)
---Nematomorpha (horsehair worms)
---Onychophora (velvet worms)
---Tardigrada (water bears)

LOPHOTROCHOZOA (worms, molluscs, & lophophorates)
---Annelida (segmented worms)
---Brachiopoda (lamp shells)
---Bryozoa ("moss animals")
---Echiura (spoon worms)
---Entoprocta
---Mollusca (snails, clams, squid, etc.)
---Nemertini (ribbon worms)
---Phoronida (horseshoe worms)
---Pogonophora (bearded tube worms)
---Sipuncula (peanut worms)

Placozoa (the most simple animals known)

Platyhelminthes (flatworms)

Porifera (sponges)

Rotifera (rotifers) & Acanthocephala

Vendian Animals (the First animals)

This sums up my belief. Don't define me by what I do not believe. I define mythology and superstition believers by what they believe. I define Christians not on the word Christ. I define them as Indo-European Trinity Pagans who believe in a virgin born god-man who died and resurrrected. The word Christian means nothing because it just means annointed belief. Rubbish.

I posted this not because each name was on the tip of my tongue. I did look them up. It is to show the great compexity of all life, plant/animal/protista/ and other. They obviously evolved to millions of different conditions and continue to evolve. It makes me amazed that human beings in the 21st Century are still so retrogressive as to believe in Biblical faerie tales that clearly do not make sense even if one does not know science.

It is more shocking that humans in this world today with all of the information available still believe in Genesis Rubbish.

Amhairghine

Last edited by Amhairghine; 09-05-2009 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 09-05-2009, 01:24 PM
linwood Offline
Religion: None
Title:Awesome Member

Frubals: 916
linwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societylinwood overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of society

I came in here hoping their would be some good recipes.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Papersock Offline
Religion: Imagination
Title:Lucid Dreamer

Frubals: 117
Papersock sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.Papersock sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.Papersock sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.

Quote:
Are religious/philosophical labels more trouble then they are worth?
Possibly. If you don't want people to assume other things about you that might not be true based on a label. Although they can be useful to quickly explain your religious or philosophical views.

Quote:
Do we typically pay more attention to the label rather then the person behind it?
Some people might. But some people realize that religious views are different for each individual.

Quote:
As I said, they can be useful for quickly explaining your religious or philosophical views. If your views do not match any existing label, then they are probably not very useful.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:15 PM
MSizer Offline
Religion: Atheist
Title:MSizer

Frubals: 465
MSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' showMSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' showMSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' showMSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' showMSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' showMSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' showMSizer got up extra early to score tickets for the 'Frubals on Ice' show

Yes, I agree that we place far too much weight on labels than we should. It's built into our psychology, just like we tend to attribute vices and virtues to individuals, when in fact evidence has proven again and again that to do this is to oversimplify a person.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
WhoKnows777 Offline
Religion: Christian Liberal.
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 2299
WhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look toughWhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look tough
WhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look toughWhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look toughWhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look toughWhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look toughWhoKnows777 puts spikey collars on frubals to make them look tough

They don't eat babies. They don't believe in them.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
3.14 Offline

Frubals: 4207839
3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

because were not hungry enough to eat adults, and baby's fit in my oven