Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 08:09 AM
BucephalusBB Offline
Title:ABACABB

Frubals: 669
BucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Since we have the freedom of choice I believe that we do choose what to believe.
But.. As people like me do not believe in free will and thus choice, he made it a given to avoid debate

1. Mathematics is the language of nature.
2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
3. If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
BucephalusBB Offline

BucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace PrizeBucephalusBB nominated John F Frubal, inventor of the modern frubal, for a Nobel Peace Prize

Ooe, btw, my criteria would be spare time.. Well, it would be at least one of them..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Storm Offline
Religion: Rogue Panentheist/ UU
Title:Proud Queer
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason: That's a lot of posts! 

Frubals: 2084
Storm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirlsStorm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirls
Storm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirlsStorm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirls

What's ooe?

Check out my shiny new blog, Knitting In Church!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
BucephalusBB Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
What's ooe?
It's me yelling Oe! But english people do not pronounce the Oe, so I make something different every time as I do not really know how you people spell it..

It sounds like the o in "do" without the d.
But the o alone would make you pronounce it wrong..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Caladan Offline
Religion: Spice-hooked Fremen
Title:Agnostic Pantheist
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: For your excellent knowledge Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Dan! 

Frubals: 1967
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
For the sake of argument please pretend that we can choose what we believe.
For the sake of argument? are you saying there is no choice factor in beliefs?

Quote:
By what criteria would you decide which is the better choice - to believe in God, or to not believe?
one of my main personal criteria is looking at myself and a situation objectively, a god in the frame is just one voice too many between me.. and myself
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 AM
sandandfoam Offline
Religion: All
Title:Theist
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Stephen. 

Frubals: 1629
sandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggle
sandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladan View Post
For the sake of argument? are you saying there is no choice factor in beliefs?
I'm acknowledging that many hold that view and that many do not and (hopefully) skirting around it.
Like BB said
Quote:
But.. As people like me do not believe in free will and thus choice, he made it a given to avoid debate

Quote:
one of my main personal criteria is looking at myself and a situation objectively, a god in the frame is just one voice too many between me.. and myself
Thanks.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Caladan Offline
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: For your excellent knowledge Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Dan! 

Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time

Quote:
I'm acknowledging that many hold that view and that many do not and (hopefully) skirting around it.
Like BB said
Alrighty

Quote:
Thanks.
Hehe you gotta throw me a couple o fish more than that!
How would you describe your spiritual voice when you are in a variety of situations?
I rather have my reality decaf, but what about you?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 AM
sandandfoam Offline
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Stephen. 

sandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jigglesandandfoam watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggle

Quote:
Alrighty

Actually I don't believe we have any choice but I didn't want to derail my own thread lol

Quote:
Hehe you gotta throw me a couple o fish more than that!
If we could choose I think utility might be a better measure than objectivity

Quote:
How would you describe your spiritual voice when you are in a variety of situations?
I would say it's impossible to ignore

Quote:
I rather have my reality decaf, but what about you?
Well I think we all create our own reality and I like mine warm with a bit of spice . Imagination is a great thing. I experience more reality through poetry than mathematics.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Caladan Offline

Quote:

Actually I don't believe we have any choice but I didn't want to derail my own thread lol
I guess we'll leave it at that for now then

Quote:
Well I think we all create our own reality and I like mine warm with a bit of spice . Imagination is a great thing. I experience more reality through poetry than mathematics.
thats cool, I relate in a way, I've been drawn to the subjects of humanities more often, but arent there occasions in which reality begins where our sense of romanticism ends?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 AM
sandandfoam Offline

Quote:
arent there occasions in which reality begins where our sense of romanticism ends?
I read this earlier today about Olie Linsdell who survived a 150+mph crash during the IoM TT
Quote:
His brother has been told that our sales staff are busy getting “sponsored by God” stickers made, and I think that sums it up perfectly - despite his 155mph crash, and bouncing down the road 140 odd yards, he's here to tell the tale.’
Olie Linsdell thanks fans for support - The official Isle of Man TT 2009 website
It's like what you're talking about but the other way around. Where reality ends and romanticism begins
Sponsored by God - I love it.