Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM
S-word Offline
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 115
S-word sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.S-word sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.S-word sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF_u_knew View Post
I do not subscribe to Judaism, Messianic or otherwise, nor do I subscribe to Christianity. I do subscribe to the deep and hidden Wisdom of the Tanakh and yes, I believe their is a resurrection of the dead... though, not in the way that most do. I live among the dead even now.

He is the First and the Last, the Beginning and End
The Alpha and Omega, the Father and Son

The Omega is the end result of this period of universal activity in who, all are dead. It is not only you who are living among the dead; we are all living in the dead past of the Omega who is the beginning of the new world, into which we shall be resurrected when he is torn asunder for the foundation of that world.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:08 PM
VEW Offline
Religion: J.W.
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 12
VEW will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Sorry, I don't believe in a literal lake of fire, so the question makes no sense to me.
Seems as though this is something else that we agree on. There are three words in Hebrew and Greek that have been translated hell in English Bibles. The first two, Hebrew she'ohl and Greek hai'des carry the meaning of a dark place of confinement and simply refer to the common grave of all manking. The thire is Greek ge'en-na, which is used in the Bible as a simble of completer distruction.

Reference to Genenna appears 12 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures. Five times it is directly associated with fire. Translators have rendered the Greek expression 'ge'en-na tou py-ros' as "hell fire", "fires of hell" "fiery pit" and "fires of Gehenna."

http://www.geocities.com/Techno_Leper/Hell

Notice what the Bible says the penalty for sin is. Rom.6:23 "The wages sin pays is death." Not eternal torment. .......VEW

Last edited by Wandered Off; 02-19-2009 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: link to outside material
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 PM
VEW Offline
Religion: J.W.
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 12
VEW will work for frubals

[quote=BruceDLimber;1414839]
Katzpur, hi! :-)

Rather than try to explain this myself, I'm providing you with the relevant passage from the Baha'i scriptures where these terms are explained:

Chapter 55:

SOUL, SPIRIT AND MIND

Question.—What is the difference between the mind, spirit and soul?

Hi. Sorry, but I am not acquainted with the Baha'i scriptures. How do you feel about the Bible? In the Bible the words translated "spirit" basically mean "breath". But this implies much more than the act of breathing. The Bible writer James, for example, states: "The body with out spirit is dead." (James 2:26) Hence, spirit is that which animates the body.

The animating force cannot simply be the breath, or air, moving through the lungs. Because after breathing stops, life remains in the body cells for a brief period ---"FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, " According to The World Book Encyclopedia. For this reason effortrs at resuscitation can succeed, and body organs can be transplanted from one person to another. But once the spark of life is extinguished from the cells of the body, all efforts to restore life are futile. All the breath in the world cannot revive even one cell. The spirit, then, is the invisible life force.----the spark of life----that keeps the cells alive. This life-force is sustained by breathing. --Job 34: 14,15.
Do You Have an Immortal Spirit? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

If your wondering then... What is the soul? What is the condition of the dead? and what happens to the spirit when a person dies? The Bible provides a clear, non-contradictiory answer to these questions also......VEW

Last edited by Wandered Off; 02-19-2009 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: link to outside material
Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
S-word Offline
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 115
S-word sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.S-word sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.S-word sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspug View Post
Is their any religion other than Messianic Judaism/Christianity that believes in the resurrection or freedom from death?

I don't know about other religions, but here is the resurrection as I see it.

It is my belief that mankind is the lord of creatures and is the most high in the visible material universe, and that it is the spirit born of the body of mankind, (The Son of Man) who is the next stage in the eternal evolution of life, and who is Lord of spirits and all that is visible and invisible in this universal body.

I believe that this galactic cluster which will fall as fire into the great Abyss from which it originated and is but one universal cell in the constant eternal and boundless Cosmos, will one day be resurrected. I believe that within the constant Cosmic body, both dimensions co-exist, some universal bodies at rest in their black holes gathering the expended energy of other universal bodies, which themselves will enter their state of rest, while those at rest awake to shine once more within the eternal and constant body of the Logos God, from whom all things came into existence, by whom all things came into existence and for whom all things exist, and who is the divine animating principle that pervades and activate all that is.

I believe that the Milky Way galaxy is anchored in space by a super massive Black Hole which has a mass of over three million suns, and it is situated at the centre of our galaxy, as It is now believed by the greater majority of scientists, that every galaxy has a Black Hole at its centre. I believe that the Milky Way galaxy was once a massive first generation star that was unable to withstand the great gravitational force of its own mass, burning off the last of its heavier elements, it blazed out as a brilliant supernova, exploding off a percentage of its mass before collapsing in upon itself and being crushed by its own gravitational force, to that which is beyond a neutron star.

I believe that it is the mass within the Black Hole that holds in orbit our Galaxy, which was formed from the nebula of that massive super-nova, plus other heavenly bodies that have been gathered to the central hidden mass. All the diffused mass of interstellar dust and gas, rotating around the black hole, cooling and condensing into solar systems suns and planets.

I believe that Orbiting our galaxy are the two companion galaxies which are called, the Large Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Major) and the Small Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Minor), these, as with other previous heavenly bodies will one day merge to become one with our Milky Way Galaxy, which is but one of huge company or cluster of galaxies, which are falling in toward the great ‘Virgo cluster’ of galaxies about 50 million light years away, which is but one of the many super, super massive gatherers that are out there in the boundless cosmos, where at least a hundred billion galaxies are congregating in giant clusters and “walls’ around those great yawning voids.

I believe that around the massive black Hole at the centre of our Milky Way Galaxy, orbits many other smaller Black Holes which were once at the centre of other galactic bodies that had been gathered to our Milky Way home.

I believe that this universal cell is continuing to expand outward from the Big Bang, of its origin, and that our Milky way Galaxy is moving away from the point of the Big Bang from which it originated, and that the galaxy ‘Andromeda’ is expanding outward from the point of the Big Bang of its origin, and that big and beautiful multi celled body of Andromeda, is heading straight at us on a collision course.

I believe that the gathering of galaxies into a new universal cosmic cell, is a way of cross pollination in the gathering back to the singularity of our origin. I believe that all that is being gathered to the great abyss in the centre of the ‘Virgo Cluster,’ will be crushed back to the infinitely dense and hot, infinitesimally small Primordial atom from which this universal cell in the constant eternal evolving Cosmos, originated, and from which seemingly bottomless pit, it will one day be resurrected to continue on, in its eternal process of evolution, and I will awaken after an apparent short sleep, wherein I am oblivious to time, to live once again.

Last edited by S-word; 02-14-2009 at 01:20 PM..