Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Magic Man Offline
Religion: Trampolinist
Title:Reaper of Conversation
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.   Congratulations! Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1405
Magic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the project
Magic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-10ths_Penguin View Post
If that's the case, I'd be hard-pressed to see the point of trying to engage in rational discussion with you.
You haven't seen that already? I know I'm wasting my breath, but it's fun for now.

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she
Old 03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Magic Man Offline
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.   Congratulations! Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Magic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the project
Magic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel07 View Post
Where in the Bible. I'd be interested to see if the context was wise " in the ways of the world."
Does it matter which "kind" of wise it was? Wise is wise.

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she
Old 03-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Michel07 Offline
Religion: Catholic
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 23
Michel07 invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mball1297 View Post
Does it matter which "kind" of wise it was? Wise is wise.
Where though in the Bible?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Magic Man Offline

Quote:
Where though in the Bible?
Can't find it right now. I'll get back to you, probably in a couple of hours, but not sure.

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Michel07 Offline

Quote:
That is the worst logic I've ever seen on here. That is absolutely a ludicrous conclusion to come to from that premise. Just because something can't be proven true by any methods we know of does not mean it isn't true. For many centuries people believed that the world was flat. They had no reason to believe otherwise, and no hope of ever proving one way or the other. Before it was proven, people who thought the world was round had no proof, and no hope of ever discovering any proof that they were right. As it turns out, the world is indeed round. There were plenty of people proven right about that, but not in their lifetimes. We might be proven right at some later point, too.
Again you interpret my words. I never said " by any methods we know." because God is in my equation. Also you are wrong in suggesting that there was " no hope of ever proving one way or the other" regarding the earth. That's obvious. This is starting to look over your head.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Michel07 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-10ths_Penguin View Post
Hang on... is your response really that God could tell you the answer if He chose to, therefore they're not disprovable?

If that's the case, I'd be hard-pressed to see the point of trying to engage in rational discussion with you.
If God exists and is all knowing don't you think He could? You throw out silly things to make my point look silly but it's not.

Last edited by Michel07; 03-24-2008 at 03:26 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 03:39 PM
tomspug Offline
Religion: Christianity
Title:Absorbant

Frubals: 483
tomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicas

Quote:
I don't know what that all meant, but... The Bible describes Pilate as wise, but that is irrelevant. My evidence of Pilate being wise is the same source for your evidence that Jesus existed and was who he said he was.

The point was that, just because Pilate didn't know what truth was, let's say, that doesn't mean that Jesus was necessarily the truth.
The point was that Jesus claimed that he was "The Truth". Pilate's response to that was to deny the concept of truth. They are two characters that are incompatible with each other. There is a reason Jesus spoke so few words to him.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 PM
9-10ths_Penguin Offline
Religion: Hug Universalist
Title:1/10 البطريق
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 30,000 Posts SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 

Frubals: 3106
9-10ths_Penguin wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today9-10ths_Penguin wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today9-10ths_Penguin wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today
9-10ths_Penguin wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today9-10ths_Penguin wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today9-10ths_Penguin wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today

Quote:
If God exists and is all knowing don't you think He could? You throw out silly things to make my point look silly but it's not.
It's not so much that it's silly, it's that you're using bad premises and faulty logic to reach it.

For one thing, it's a bit narrow: without any support, you assume that the Christian God could never, under any circumstances, be disproven in any way whatsoever. Do you have any particular reason to make this assumption?

For another, you make an argument that implies that every claim that is unfalsifiable must be false. Aside from the fact that this is oxymoronic in and of itself (since after all, anything that must be false is, by definition, falsifiable), it's a logical leap that you haven't given us any reason to follow you over.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:08 PM
9-10ths_Penguin Offline
Religion: Hug Universalist
Title:1/10 البطريق
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 30,000 Posts SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 

Frubals: 3106

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspug View Post
There is a reason Jesus spoke so few words to him.
My interpretation was that this was because Jesus declined to participate in his trial by kangaroo court, not that he and Pilate were incapable of relating to each other.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Magic Man Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspug View Post
The point was that Jesus claimed that he was "The Truth". Pilate's response to that was to deny the concept of truth. They are two characters that are incompatible with each other. There is a reason Jesus spoke so few words to him.
Thank you for clearing that up. That does make things different. Now, thoug, I really don't know what his original post about that topic means. Would you possibly be able to clarify at all?

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she