Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM
rheff78 Offline
Religion: Catholic
Title:I'm your huckleberry.

Frubals: 72
rheff78 is a Frubal Whorerheff78 is a Frubal Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
That's not my experience. I don't know anyone in real life who believes in the flood.
Umm, what? Then you know one now.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 AM
sandandfoam Offline
Religion: All
Title:Theist
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Stephen. 

Frubals: 1649
sandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaning
sandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningsandandfoam believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheff78 View Post
This place is excellent but not real life.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 AM
Greatest I am Offline
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 324700
Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
That's not my experience. I don't know anyone in real life who believes in the flood.
I argue against many who unfortunately think such a thing justified because God is the judge. I try to find words to dissuade them but often fail.
Their indoctrination and fundamentalism is too deep.
Sad.

Regards
DL
Old 02-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Greatest I am Offline

Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Greatest I am says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Then to you genocide and the killing of children and babies is OK is it?

Regards
DL
Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Greatest I am Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrier View Post
How would you feel if you were one of the ones killed and then have a cure for the virus a week later?

I wouldn't feel anything because I would be dead, or in a "better place" according to believers.

The question is, how many people have to die while attempting to find a cure for it? You kill 100 people, that are likely to die anyway while finding a cure, and possibly save the lives of 300 other people they might infect... or take the risk of keeping them alive while trying to find a cure, which ultimately could result in way more deaths. They still have not cured cancer, and that's been around for a while, what makes you think they would find a cure for a deadly virus like that after a couple months?
Killing a few to find a cure foe many is OK if they are sick.
Killing many millions to save 8 is unethical by any measure. Give your head a shake.

God had many options that He could have used instead of looking like a genocidal maniac.
Breaking His own laws would kill all trust His followers would have.

Regards
DL
Old 02-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Greatest I am Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellous_evangellous View Post
God spoke through many prophets to end slavery, most recently, Martin Luther King, Jr.
King was not in the Bible and slavery is here and now.
The Bible is mute on the subject. What does that tell you?

Regards
DL
Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 AM
kdrier Offline
Religion: Custom
Title:Revolutionist

Frubals: 21
kdrier invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

Killing many millions to save 8 is unethical by any measure. Give your head a shake.

I completely agree. "God" works in mysterious ways though.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:17 AM
rheff78 Offline
Religion: Catholic
Title:I'm your huckleberry.

Frubals: 72
rheff78 is a Frubal Whorerheff78 is a Frubal Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Then to you genocide and the killing of children and babies is OK is it?

Regards
DL
The people had their free will. Who are we to question God's decisions? The children are in heaven. What happened to the parents, I don't know. The world had become a wretched place, God had tried repeatedly to reform them.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Greatest I am Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrier View Post

I completely agree. "God" works in mysterious ways though.
If we are made in His immage then all mysteries should be eventually understood.

It just takes time to dither things out. An open mind is paramount.

Regards
DL
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Greatest I am Offline

Quote:
The people had their free will. Who are we to question God's decisions? The children are in heaven. What happened to the parents, I don't know. The world had become a wretched place, God had tried repeatedly to reform them.
If God has power then He does not try anything. He does.

If he cannot then He is not God is He?

Regards
DL