Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Sunstone's Avatar
Sunstone Offline
Religion: Podium Pounding
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Colorado, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,501
Frubals: 7178
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Default What Do Judaism, Christianity, and Islam Have In Common?

What do Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have in common?
__________________
Uncle Sunstone!!! I feel so......so.....dirty. But I feel so ALIVE!!! -- MysticSang'ha

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 AM
HopefulNikki's Avatar
HopefulNikki Offline
Religion: Baha'i-ish
Title:Sophomore Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California
Gender: Female
Posts: 327
Frubals: 34
HopefulNikki has a pet name for each frubal
Default

Belief in the God of Abraham
__________________
Andy Roddick Is My Future Husband.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Mestemia's Avatar
Mestemia Offline
Religion: Apathetic Agnostic
Title:Advocatus Diaboli
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For 30,000 poasts. Congrats Mes! 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,662
Frubals: 2369
Mestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballed
Mestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
What do Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have in common?
they all have an 'I'
They all have an 'A'
they all had a 'S'
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Popeyesays's Avatar
Popeyesays Offline
Religion: Baha`i
Title:Lofty Member
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: Award designated for members who show great knowledge of their religion. 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oklahoma C
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,768
Frubals: 497
Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'
Default

They all profess Abraham as a Prophet.

Regards,
Scott
__________________
Author, Sword of the Dajjal, e-book, from http://www.booksforabuck.com/sfpages...rd_dajjal.html
http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook47261.htm?cached
Jars of Doom Jan., 2008 Champagne Books
I Blog!: http://cscottsaylorsbooks.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 AM
BruceDLimber's Avatar
BruceDLimber Offline
Religion: Baha'i
Title:Respected Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,176
Frubals: 236
BruceDLimber likes to be fruballed from behindBruceDLimber likes to be fruballed from behindBruceDLimber likes to be fruballed from behindBruceDLimber likes to be fruballed from behindBruceDLimber likes to be fruballed from behind
Default

Greetings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
What do Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have in common?
Probably not the answer you're looking for, but one thing all three have in common is that they're all precursors to the Baha'i Faith! :-)

Cheers, :-)

Bruce
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Dream Angel's Avatar
Dream Angel Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Uber Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,490
Frubals: 155
Dream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsDream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsDream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsDream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objects
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
What do Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have in common?
  • They are all abrahamic religions
  • They all follow and believe in the Old testament and maybe the New Testament?
  • They all believe in a (one) God.
  • I think they all have the ten commandments?
  • They all have differences from one another?
  • I think they all believe in a type of heaven and maybe hell
  • They are all very large religions
  • They all have some sort of clergymen
  • They all have a holy day - day or worship (Sat, Sun, and Fri respectively I think!)
  • They all have a founder!
  • They all have divine revelation
  • They all have a sacred text they follow
  • They all believe in angels and demons I think
  • They all believe Jesus existed but differ in whether he was a prophet or son of God or neither!
I think thats all I can think of at the moment!

Edit: They were all founded in the east!
__________________
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it"

Last edited by laws28186; 05-29-2007 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Lindsey-Loo's Avatar
Lindsey-Loo Offline
Religion: Christianity
Title:Steel Magnolia
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,812
Frubals: 195
Lindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry
Default

Christians don't follow the Old Testament, and as far as I'm concerned, Allah and God aren't the same gods.

Anyway...

They all think Jesus was a good teacher and a good man.
They all believe in a Heaven and a Hell.
Christianity and Islam both branched from Judaism.

That's about all I can think of.

Oh yeah, and they all believe that they're right and the other two religions are dead wrong.
__________________
And I'm not a robot, I'm not a monkey
I will not dance even if the beat's funky
Opposite of lazy, far from a punk
Ya'll oughta stop talking
Start trying to catch up
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Jaymes's Avatar
Jaymes Offline
Religion: Cake
Title:The cake is a lie
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This Kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Inside cake
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,759
Frubals: 1064
Jaymes worries that dead frubals might have ghosts
Jaymes worries that dead frubals might have ghostsJaymes worries that dead frubals might have ghosts
Default

I'll have to go with "they all believe in the same god".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who? View Post
Christians don't follow the Old Testament, and as far as I'm concerned, Allah and God aren't the same gods.
Why would you say that Christians that speak Arabic say "God" as "Allah", then? "Allah" being the Arabic word for "God".
__________________
The cake is a lie.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Dream Angel's Avatar
Dream Angel Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Uber Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,490
Frubals: 155
Dream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsDream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsDream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsDream Angel thinks of frubals as mere sex objects
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who? View Post
Christians don't follow the Old Testament, and as far as I'm concerned, Allah and God aren't the same gods.

Anyway...

They all think Jesus was a good teacher and a good man.
They all believe in a Heaven and a Hell.
Christianity and Islam both branched from Judaism.

That's about all I can think of.

Oh yeah, and they all believe that they're right and the other two religions are dead wrong.
Hmmm.... I think most christians read the bible - the bible having the old testament in it!
__________________
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
fullyveiled muslimah's Avatar
Religion: Islam
Title:Evil incarnate!
Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award is presented by your peers and is well deserved 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,095
Frubals: 483
fullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasfullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasfullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasfullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasfullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasfullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasfullyveiled muslimah has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicas
Default

Quote:
Oh yeah, and they all believe that they're right and the other two religions are dead wrong.
Not so for Islam. We do not believe that christianity or judaism, are dead wrong. Both of them are truths revealed from Allah.

The best thing all three of us have in common is that neither of us were supposed to be a religion seperate from each other.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Copyright 2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.