Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Ozzie Offline
Religion: Neutral
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 318
Ozzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decision
Default Does hell smell of sulfur?

I looked up the meaning of brimstone. It is an old name for sulfur. If you believe in hell, do you believe it smells of sulfur (that would be hell indeed)?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:58 AM
porkchop Offline
Religion: christian
Title:I'm Heffer!!!

Frubals: 55
porkchop has a reputation beyond reputeporkchop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
I looked up the meaning of brimstone. It is an old name for sulfur. If you believe in hell, do you believe it smells of sulfur (that would be hell indeed)?
I believe it doesn't really matter.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Ozzie Offline
Religion: Neutral
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 318
Ozzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionOzzie tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop
I believe it doesn't really matter.
It wouldn't except the smell of burning sulfur is highly evocative.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Zephyr Offline
Religion: Booze and Smokes
Title:Moved on

Frubals: 488
Zephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lot

I kind of like sulfur...

But no, Hel will smell like...well...coldness. (I have a VERY poor sense of smell. Sulfur is one of the few things I can smell)
Old 03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
TehuTi Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 3308
TehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal ooze
TehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal ooze
Post ozzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie

Hell Is Only A State Of One Mind It Doesn't Exist In The Real World .
Once The Body Is Dead ( It's Has NO FEELING ) , The Soul Does Not Burn , The Spirit Does Not Burn , So What's The Point Of Your Make Believe Hell ?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
!Fluffy! Offline
Religion: petit mouton
Title:Lacking Common Sense

Frubals: 349
!Fluffy! isn't sure whether ALL frubals are special, or just these!Fluffy! isn't sure whether ALL frubals are special, or just these!Fluffy! isn't sure whether ALL frubals are special, or just these!Fluffy! isn't sure whether ALL frubals are special, or just these!Fluffy! isn't sure whether ALL frubals are special, or just these!Fluffy! isn't sure whether ALL frubals are special, or just these

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehuTi
Hell Is Only A State Of One Mind It Doesn't Exist In The Real World .
Once The Body Is Dead ( It's Has NO FEELING ) , The Soul Does Not Burn , The Spirit Does Not Burn , So What's The Point Of Your Make Believe Hell ?
Just Curious, What Is The Point of Capitalizing Every Word???
Old 03-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Seyorni Offline
Religion: Vedanta
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Fot 10,000 posts. Congrats Sey! 

Frubals: 1990
Seyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals story
Seyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals story

Yellowstone National Park smells like sulfer....
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM
UnTheist Offline
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 154
UnTheist tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationUnTheist tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationUnTheist tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationUnTheist tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversation

I bet it does. Being burned all over while smelling rotten eggs? That Devil is smart

Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 AM
TehuTi Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 3308
TehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal ooze
TehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal oozeTehuTi faints at the sight of frubal ooze
Post moomwonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Woman
Just Curious, What Is The Point of Capitalizing Every Word???

It's A Habit . I Don't Really Think It's About Me Capitalizing Everyword . It About The Message They Can't Deal With , Because If I Were To Post What People Wanted / To Read / Accept / Believe , Capitalizing Every Word Would Never Come Up , It's Call Nick-Picking . Not Saying That's What Your Doing Not .
Old 03-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Religion: Pagan Rabble Rousing
Title:World's Tallest Hobbit
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Member of the Month Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 1877
Feathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in public
Feathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in publicFeathers in Hair is a little uncomfortable fruballing in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehuTi
It's A Habit . I Don't Really Think It's About Me Capitalizing Everyword . It About The Message They Can't Deal With , Because If I Were To Post What People Wanted / To Read / Accept / Believe , Capitalizing Every Word Would Never Come Up , It's Call Nick-Picking . Not Saying That's What Your Doing Not .
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the others, but you might wish to note that the person who started the thread did not state that he believes in hell. I would venture to say that the majority of our members don't believe in a literal hell, so I imagine you're dealing with simple curiosity, not nit-picking.

When one of my great personal heroes of religion, Nightcrawler, teleports, the place supposedly smells of sulfur. I, therefore, vote 'no', because he's about the furthest thing from a devillish being that I could think of.

A Guide for Our Newer Members