Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
kai Offline
Religion: the Mundane
Title:ragamuffin
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1166
kai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals
kai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals
Default religion and the two species of man

i had this idea from another thred 'why dont you believe in evolution' how does your idea of religion/creation etc sit with the knowledge that there was once two different species of human coexisting, relatively recently
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neandertal
http://www.archaeology.org/9609/news...andertals.html

Ugandan President Yoweri Museven
Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Goat Offline
Religion: I've been Wattsified!
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 15
Goat gives frubals to the homeless

I think both creationism and evolution are dangerously close to absolutism. Evolution doens't permit the idea that life was transplanted here therefore excludes discussion of any scientificly possible argument that it did. If there was evedence that life was perhaps transplanted here to colonize the planet it would take a long time for scientists to allow the idea to be come plausable. Rigidity.
Creationism is absurd unless you want to be a dellusional book-worshipping mystic. I come down harsh on creationists because I throughly believe that God himself never revealed those beginnings to us- at least in such a factual way as to allow us to believe that adam and eve were in fact real people. The archatypes are stunning and they should be left at that. But also in this idea- Rigidity.

Seems easier sometimes to just not believe in anything. You know the root of the word believe is 'to wish' I think.

Last edited by Goat; 06-15-2006 at 12:12 AM..
Old 06-15-2006, 04:46 AM
kai Offline
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

kai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat
I think both creationism and evolution are dangerously close to absolutism. Evolution doens't permit the idea that life was transplanted here therefore excludes discussion of any scientificly possible argument that it did. If there was evedence that life was perhaps transplanted here to colonize the planet it would take a long time for scientists to allow the idea to be come plausable. Rigidity.
Creationism is absurd unless you want to be a dellusional book-worshipping mystic. I come down harsh on creationists because I throughly believe that God himself never revealed those beginnings to us- at least in such a factual way as to allow us to believe that adam and eve were in fact real people. The archatypes are stunning and they should be left at that. But also in this idea- Rigidity.

Seems easier sometimes to just not believe in anything. You know the root of the word believe is 'to wish' I think.

this is not intended as a anti anything, i would like to know how people feel about two species of man think about it its wierd, how does it affect your religion or whats your opinion.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 AM
Jayhawker Soule Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Conquering Member
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your valuable contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For over 20,000 posts. Congrats Jay.  :) 

Frubals: 3385
Jayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the bus
Jayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat
I think both creationism and evolution are dangerously close to absolutism. Evolution doens't permit the idea that life was transplanted here therefore excludes discussion of any scientificly possible argument that it did.
Ignorance of evolution is shameful but hardly a crime. Flaunting it, however, is at least questionable.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:35 AM
kai Offline

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm

Old 06-15-2006, 10:15 PM
kai Offline

this thread has been going for 24 hours and i cant beleive that this has no implacations for anyones belief system or creation theory. it made me think very hard when i imagined that there were two species of man contemporary with each other,it didnt stand very well with any christian teachings or old testement that i knew.
well perhaps its me ,perhaps i am wrong perhaps someone may have an opinion after all.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:38 AM
kai Offline

is anyone there ! come into the light

Old 06-16-2006, 08:40 AM
PolyHedral Offline
Religion: Meow's socks
Title:Superabacus Mystic
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 332
PolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more aroused

Wasn't it natural selection that wiped the Neanderthal out? I don't have a problem.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 AM
kai Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyHedral
Wasn't it natural selection that wiped the Neanderthal out? I don't have a problem.
yes it was , and thank you for coming into the light.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 AM
kai Offline

polyhedral may i ask what is a pastafarian?