Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 PM
steve at JRM Offline
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 649
steve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near future
Default How will we know Jesus has returned.

I've been searching my bible for an indication of what Jesus will look like, and how he will talk, and where he will be when he returns. Could you help me, because I think he's in my motorhome. I know it sounds crazy, so I need someone to disprove me.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3495
angellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better place
angellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better place

Christianity has always been an apolcalyptic religion. When Jesus comes back, He will come back in power to judge the entire world and redeem it.

I can post more references later...

1 Thess 5.1-5
1Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers,[a] you have no need to have anything written to you. 2For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5For you are all children[b] of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 9For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3495
angellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better place
angellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better place

Mark 13

The Coming of the Son of Man

24"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Judgement Day Offline
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 68
Judgement Day has a stash of frubals in the Cayman IslandsJudgement Day has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islands

Just an answer from an Islamic p.o.v.:

Imaam Mahdi will have arranged the Muslim army and will be on the verge of leading the Muslims in the morning prayer (Abu Umamah / Ibne-Majah) when Prophet Jesus will descend to the white Minaret (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim) in the east of Damascus, wearing two garments died with saffron, placing his hands on the wings of two angels.
All those that are present will recognise him, as he will look exactly like the description of the Prophet . Resembling the Sahabi Urwa bin Masood (Abu- Huraira/ Muslim) the colour of his skin will be reddish white (Ibne Abbas/ Bukhari), he will be well built and his hair will be soft and reach his ears. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim).
Every Kaafir who smells his sweet breath will die and his breath will reach as far as he can see.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

If you believe the book of Revelation, "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him." Did the man in your motor home come with the clouds? Did every eye see him?

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 02-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Stick of Joseph Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 22
Stick of Joseph invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

It says christ will come as a thief in the night many times in the bible, but that only means that it will be unexpected. The scriptures say that those all will recognize him and those who did not believe will wish to die because they didnt recognize him before they saw his face. Revelations gives many accounts on this. All will know of his coming, it will be pretty obvious.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Popeyesays Offline
Religion: Baha`i
Title:Lofty Member
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: Award designated for members who show great knowledge of their religion. 

Frubals: 497
Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Popeyesays wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick of Joseph
It says christ will come as a thief in the night many times in the bible, but that only means that it will be unexpected. The scriptures say that those all will recognize him and those who did not believe will wish to die because they didnt recognize him before they saw his face. Revelations gives many accounts on this. All will know of his coming, it will be pretty obvious.
Let me ask this: When a thief invades your home unknown while all within are asleep, does he blow an air horn and beat a drum to announce his presence?

Why should it be so easy for people to accept Christ as Who He said He was the second time, how is that fair to those who DID accept Him from His first, veiled appearance? Does that match the concept of God as Just?

Personally, I believe that the world has already largely missed the return of Christ three times - once as Muhammad, once as the Bab, and once as Baha`u'llah. In each of those comings mankind had to search their hearts and decide for themselves. A hard choice, freely made - and vastly against the spirit of Jesus descending from the air in full view of everyone everywhere.

The clouds are metaphor, the falling stars are metaphor, to think otherwise is asking for a free-ride in a spiritual sense.

Steve, I do not think that Jesus is in your trailer. If I accept Baha`u'llah, I have to accept His statement that no new Manifestation will come for at least one thousand years.

Regards,
Scott
I Blog!: http://cscottsaylorsbooks.blogspot.com/
Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
jewscout Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Religious Zionist

Frubals: 969
jewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve at JRM
I've been searching my bible for an indication of what Jesus will look like, and how he will talk, and where he will be when he returns. Could you help me, because I think he's in my motorhome. I know it sounds crazy, so I need someone to disprove me.
if he's in your motorhome tell him to get off his duff and get to work!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
steve at JRM Offline

steve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near futuresteve at JRM worries that, at this rate, we may be approaching peak frubals in the near future

Thanks Scott. It seems to me that there is a split to whether the second coming of Jesus will be obvious or silent, like a thief in the night. I think it will be silent. When he came back from the crucifixion, and went to the house with Peter, they didn't even recognize him until he revealed himself to them. And why only 12 disciples? Out of the 1000's that heard and followed his teachings.
I think that Christ has been here many times since his resurrection. He was never recognized. Since he already fulfilled the prophecy with the crucifixion, he has nothing to prove. So therefore, it is up to us to seek him. He could be in many places at one time for all I know. But the man in my motorhome has a message for all mankind, if anybody cares to listen. And he says he is Jesus. Aren't you the least bit curious. I'm a stable citizen in society. I'm not after any gain. Only want people to open their minds to the possibility that Christ is here and they are rejecting him again. Why? Because he's black? Or because he's homeless? It's a test.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:43 PM
steve at JRM Offline

Believe me, he has been working. So have I. Shouldn't be so hard. People should just believe because they know that God can do whatever He wants.

Tags
mirza ghulam ahmad, the promised messiah