Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / General Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 AM
9Westy9's Avatar
9Westy9 Offline
Religion: Apatheist
Title:Sceptic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,409
Frubals: 382
9Westy9 suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals9Westy9 suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals9Westy9 suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals9Westy9 suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals9Westy9 suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals9Westy9 suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestemia View Post
again you seem to have gone out of your way to miss the point.

Is your god so helpless that he requires you to defend him and demand everyone respects him?

I mean, if your god was as offended as you, why did he not do something himself?

Seems to me you are the one who is offended and are trying to use god as your justification of demanding respect...

that you feel the need to step up and demand respect when your god doesn't seems to be rather revealing, don't you think?
. but alas, I have no more frubals to give
__________________

Memento Mori
Remember that you will die


Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Jayhawker Soule's Avatar
Jayhawker Soule Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Remarkable Member
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your valuable contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For over 20,000 posts. Congrats Jay.  :) 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,985
Frubals: 3291
Jayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsJayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsJayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Jayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsJayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsJayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsJayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsJayhawker Soule annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Default

Good grief ...
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Magic Man's Avatar
Magic Man Offline
Religion: Trampolinist
Title:Reaper of Conversation
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.   Congratulations! Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,141
Frubals: 1394
Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'
Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
you trying to say I am old?

How exactly am I not respecting you exactly? By stating that your willingful denying God,and consider yourself just to call my God an evil monster? ok so be it.I think I have that right as you have the right to believe as you do, you believe I am willingly believing a lie created by men, I believe your willingly denying what He has written on your heart from creation.
Well, you might not realize it, but comments like this can come off as arrogant and condescending. When you say "I think everyone knows god exists, but some deny it" or "You're willfully denying God", you might get more of an attitude in response because of the attitude displayed in those comments.

Quote:
I don't believe in the Easter bunny or tooth fairy, do I debate those that do?
I hope not, considering those who believe in those things are children, and I don't see the point in debating children.

Quote:
nah I could care less, so why my friend do you care so much about My God if he is just not important or worthy of discussion? I think you do care and I only ask you to refrain from blatant disrespect towards anothers God.
As I said before, we care about your beliefs because they dominate our society and influence government as well as daily life. I'm still wondering what all you consider disrespect towards your god. Does that include criticizing him for what we consider his faults? Or does it only include calling him names?
__________________
"I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to." ~ George Carlin

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 AM
MysticSang'ha's Avatar
MysticSang'ha Offline
Religion: Keisaku
Title:Big Squishy Hugger
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Congrats! Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your excellent skills in debating different topics Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Here, now quit whining. (:p) 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trampolines of love
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,579
Frubals: 3729
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? Are you so big you can go against God himself? If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?

Let me ask you,have you ever been to court? And had a judge before you? if not just imagine... Sure your brave at first and have your attorney beside you, speaking boldly on your behalf and you have all hope he will do what you have paid him to do...but What happens when it is left to the judge? Final day of sentencing, do you scream out what an unfair system we have? Do you mock the judge? Tell him he is nothing? And has no power over you? Or do you my dear friend,humbly go before him with fear and trembling and beg for his mercy..... Have you ever felt that trembling fear? Like, whoa, he could do anything to me and I have no defense really against him?

Have you ever been in front of your president? Or leader? All these things you scream about in facebook or social forums, would you really say in front of a powerful being? Would you say the same things you say in your mothers basement in your underwear,hiding behind a screen and keyboard to an authoritative figure? Do you ever feel underdressed in front of respected persons or maybe that your home isn't clean enough for guests? Have you ever even imagined yourself dumbstruck, in awe? In perfect submission ? Knowing your life depends on what you say right now?

You all amaze me with your fearlessness, your bravery, How easy it is for you to question God, how easy it is for you to say horrid things against his character, to question his judgment, to deem him unfit, to call him narcissistic, to say he is evil to send anyone to hell, to say he designed men to fail and so it is his fault we do so. Who are you speaking this to ? To whom are you so boldly questioning? Who are you so arrogant towards? Against who? Me? Religious entities? Fellow Rf posters? door to door evangelists? Maybe even world wide web users? so brave you are....

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really? I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...
" what did you do with this life I gave you?"
don't even think what you will say, you will get no say, you will get no argument, there is no debate my friend....

I have heard many rebuttals already, trust me what you can say is not new to me, nor to God.Here they are....If you are wrong, so what..You were deceived...If You are wrong well it is not your fault, God wasn't clear.....If You are wrong well so how can God punish what he designed from the beginning? so what? You die and cease to exist, from dust you came to dust you go.there is nothing beyond so why should you care..you Will wish it so, but it is not the truth, death is not your end, you will face that Holy God whether you choose in this life to acknowledge him or not, you will face him and you will bow before him and you will not speak a word........

Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone, I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....

Think about it my friend, who are you exactly? How is it that you can be so arrogant? So self worthy to say this God of Abraham is so unfair, so unjust, so evil minded? I fear for your attempt at bravery within your peers, stand alone and put yourself standing before this God you deny you know, Yes you know him, you deceive yourself well enough to say you don't know him, but He has written himself on every heart, most of you have studied his word to use it against his own...You know him....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
Well that's two, maybe a few more and you can get my badge taken away, I never thought I deserved it anyway if that helps
It's no wonder why you think this way, then.
__________________
Love you all. Peace out.

No one gets ahead by holding another back. - Reverend Rick
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Magic Man's Avatar
Magic Man Offline
Religion: Trampolinist
Title:Reaper of Conversation
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.   Congratulations! Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,141
Frubals: 1394
Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'
Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'Magic Man has a bumper sticker that says 'If frubals are outlawed, only outlaws will have frubals'
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
About God letting children die, he must be evil to do so, OK we can discuss this if you like, This latest tragedy is on all our hearts and minds, it seems so cruel, so unjust, I understand you, but let me If I may say something to you atheists, who was at the memorial? Did you happen to see that the spirit of that service on live TV was Godly? Did you see even the president whom religion most of us question, even he gave homage to a sovereign God.Muslims came and gave a beautiful message, did you see any atheist stand up there and tell those mothers "hey sorry, your kids are gone, It is the end, they are not with God, there is no God, you will not see them again one day, they are worm food, sorry..".Well Why not?
Because that's a cruel thing to say to someone who has just lost a loved one. An atheist would be no different from a religious person at a time like that. They would try to console the person. They just wouldn't necessarily say anything about an afterlife.

Quote:
All know there is a God and for whatever purpose he decided to take those babies
As I said in my last post, your comments have this very arrogant and condescending attitude to them, even though I am sure you don't mean it. You say "All know there is a god", which to those of us who don't believe in a god comes off as treating us as stupid.

But your second part gets to the heart of the point of the thread here. You believe your god took those babies. To some of us that is the action of an evil person. Only an evil, heartless person would kill children or allow them to be killed when he had the power to stop them. I understand you don't like that characterization of your god, but there's really no other good way to say it.
__________________
"I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to." ~ George Carlin

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:03 AM
SageTree's Avatar
SageTree Offline
Title:Spiritual Friend
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,475
Frubals: 369
SageTree has frubals old enough to have little frubals of their ownSageTree has frubals old enough to have little frubals of their ownSageTree has frubals old enough to have little frubals of their ownSageTree has frubals old enough to have little frubals of their ownSageTree has frubals old enough to have little frubals of their ownSageTree has frubals old enough to have little frubals of their own
Default

**Staff Advisory**

This is to advise members of rule 8



8. Preaching/Proselytizing
The forums are not to be used for converting others to your own faith, against any faith, or recruiting people to join one's party, institution, or cause. This includes placing links or copied material from elsewhere intended for this purpose. Posts of this nature will be edited or removed and are subject to moderation.
__________________

Pass it on.....
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Father Heathen's Avatar
Father Heathen Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Libertarian
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating over 10,000 posts 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newport News, VA U.S
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,307
Frubals: 2559
Father Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stains
Father Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsFather Heathen isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTree View Post
**Staff Advisory**

This is to advise members of rule 8



8. Preaching/Proselytizing
The forums are not to be used for converting others to your own faith, against any faith, or recruiting people to join one's party, institution, or cause. This includes placing links or copied material from elsewhere intended for this purpose. Posts of this nature will be edited or removed and are subject to moderation.
Better late than never.
__________________
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 AM
9-10ths_Penguin's Avatar
9-10ths_Penguin Offline
Religion: Hug Universalist
Title:1/10 البطريق
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 30,000 Posts SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bear Country, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 35,421
Frubals: 2976
9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals
9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals9-10ths_Penguin thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
About God letting children die, he must be evil to do so, OK we can discuss this if you like, This latest tragedy is on all our hearts and minds, it seems so cruel, so unjust, I understand you, but let me If I may say something to you atheists, who was at the memorial? Did you happen to see that the spirit of that service on live TV was Godly? Did you see even the president whom religion most of us question, even he gave homage to a sovereign God.Muslims came and gave a beautiful message, did you see any atheist stand up there and tell those mothers "hey sorry, your kids are gone, It is the end, they are not with God, there is no God, you will not see them again one day, they are worm food, sorry..".Well Why not?
Probably for the same reasons you wouldn't tell those parents "hey, BTW: if your kids aren't part of 'the elect', they're being tormented in Hell now." Isn't that something that you believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
Because noone would believe you, All know there is a God and for whatever purpose he decided to take those babies, we find comfort in him even now. Those families find comfort in God, our nation our world still finds comfort in knowing God is in control even now...I Am sorry If this hurts you, I am sorry If you also have suffered tragedy and blamed God and feel let down by him, or because he does these things he could not possibly exist, I wish God would give us signs, I wish I could prove him to you, I can't apart from the only tools he gave us,I am sorry you cannot accept that for your own reasons.
First off, since the Sandy Point shooting, I've been seeing plenty of appeals in the atheist community for people to help the families (for instance: Atheists Giving Aid – Support Sandy Hook Elementary | We Are Atheism). Maybe the reason you haven't noticed this is because only the religious groups have decided to make a show of what they're doing there.

But what comfort do you find in God in a case like this? I really can't understand it.

Here's how I approach something like this: I see it as a tragedy and something that shouldn't have happened. I see it as motivation to prevent similar things from happening in future. If I added God into the mix, it would turn all this on its head: if it's part of the divine plan of a loving God, then I couldn't see it as a tragedy. I would have to see it as futile to prevent similar events in future, because as a limited human being, I could never hope to thwart the will of God.

So how do you take comfort in God? Exactly what is there to take comfort in?
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Falvlun's Avatar
Falvlun Offline
Religion: Foam on the waves
Title:Earthbending Lemur
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congratulations, Lemur! Here's to many more! 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mt. Happy
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 10,201
Frubals: 857
Falvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal messageFalvlun makes an effort to use the word 'tuba' in every frubal message
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady B View Post
Actually that is still in the lines of respect, I wish you all would get that I am not against debate or even distaste or disbelief, I am not talking about the disrespect on the thread i started discussing disrespect, though a couple examples have been given and highlighted.
Okay, that is helpful to know. Is it fair to say that you are mainly offended by calling God names?

Your OP indicates, though, not just a matter of disrespect, but asks the question of "who do we think we are to question God". So, while you seem to be okay with disbelief and debate, does not disbelief and debate fall under "questioning"? Do you still think that such questioning is still an issue? Do you still find people arrogant for not holding the same beliefs as you do about God?
__________________
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Willamena's Avatar
Willamena Offline
Religion: Just Me
Title:Just be there, doing that
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This creative thread award is given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat system Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of the Enigma: For being absolutely puzzling and mysterious to all your peers. - Issue reason:  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,061
Frubals: 2997
Willamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals
Willamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubalsWillamena thinks that whistling sound may be from a crack somewhere in your frubals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falvlun View Post
Okay, that is helpful to know. Is it fair to say that you are mainly offended by calling God names?

Your OP indicates, though, not just a matter of disrespect, but asks the question of "who do we think we are to question God". So, while you seem to be okay with disbelief and debate, does not disbelief and debate fall under "questioning"? Do you still think that such questioning is still an issue? Do you still find people arrogant for not holding the same beliefs as you do about God?
The OP is about slandering god. It's easy to slander something one doesn't believe in. It's also pretty silly to do so (with pretty obvious motivation).
__________________
O bless thee continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh... (L. Cohen)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Copyright 2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.