Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Discussion
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Amanda18 Offline
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 10
Amanda18 says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

Hello all, I am Amanda and I am 18 years old. I have a question???
I am wanting to get a few tattoo's, but I heard if you have any tattoo's when you die, you will go to hell. Is that true? Is it the same thing for piercings, I have my ears pierced and my nose and planning on getting a few more, am I automatically bound for hell already because I have piercings? Would GOD send you to hell just because of a tattoo or piercing? Thank You All and GOD BLESS!!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Luna Offline

Luna says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

I don't believe that you would go to hell for getting a tattoo. For one thing these are our earthly bodies. We're going to be given new bodies when we go to heaven. Do you really believe that the ever merciful God would not have enough mercy to forgive you for having a picture on your body if it IS wrong? (Not meaning that to sound mean) :mrgreen:
I know someone who was forced into a chair and tattooed as a child. I don't think she's going to hell. But for those that would look at her, see her tattoo's and automatically assume that she was going to hell are people who really have no basis for opinion anyway. For so i believe.
I don't think that it should alter you from getting a tattoo if people here tell you not to. I think that the best way to decide is to pray about it and decide whether you feel right about it or not. I have chosen not to get tattoos because they are a little too permenant for me. What if I hated it two or three years down the road? I don't want to get surgery to get rid of it.
But, yeah, I totally encourage you to pray about it. Don't listen to those who would take the place of God and condemn you.(I'm really sorry if I just offended anybody!) ops:
Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Alaric Offline
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 49
Alaric yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda18
Would GOD send you to hell just because of a tattoo or piercing?
Isn't God only supposed to send you to hell for bad things? If this god sent people to hell for something as trivial as a tattoo, would that god really be worth worshipping?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Lightkeeper Offline
Title:Esteemed Member
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 241
Lightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fake

No, you won't go to hell for having a tattoo. Hell is a metaphor and doesn't exist.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Bastet Offline
Title:Vile Stove-Toucher
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 633
Bastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliens

I tend to agree with Lightkeeper on this one. But, apart from all that, consider what Luna said about the permanency of a tattoo. The one thing that has put me off getting one (quite apart from the fact that I haven't found anything I like enough to want permanently on my body), is the thought of what it's going to look like when I'm old and wrinkly, and things start to sag... mg: :lol:
Old 05-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Lightkeeper Offline
Title:Esteemed Member
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 241
Lightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fakeLightkeeper thinks your frubals look fake

I agree with Bastet. I have not pierced or tattoed my body. The tattoes are permanent. If you want to have adornment you can clip on or use impermanent decorations.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Green Gaia Offline
Religion: Unitarian Universalist
Title:Venturesome Member
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Member of the Month Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This ambassador award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1961
Green Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Green Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeGreen Gaia keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda18
Hello all, I am Amanda and I am 18 years old. I have a question???
I am wanting to get a few tattoo's, but I heard if you have any tattoo's when you die, you will go to hell. Is that true? Is it the same thing for piercings, I have my ears pierced and my nose and planning on getting a few more, am I automatically bound for hell already because I have piercings? Would GOD send you to hell just because of a tattoo or piercing? Thank You All and GOD BLESS!!!!
Who told you this nonsense? If God would send you to hell for getting a tattoo or piercing, would he condemn you for cutting your hair or changing your body in anyway? Isn't that the same thing?

I agree with Lightkeeper and Bastet, there is no phyiscal "hell". So don't worry about it, and do what feels right to you, just be careful with those needles! lol.
by men in their own image,
to be servants of their human interests.
- George Santayana

Old 05-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Bastet Offline
Title:Vile Stove-Toucher
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 633
Bastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliens

Something happened at work today, that just fit this topic so well I had to share it. :lol:

One of the young girls I work with came in to check her roster, and someone asked to see her tattoo, which she had not long had done. The girl pulled up the back of her shirt to expose the tatt, grimaced, and said "I HATE IT!!" I didn't think it looked that bad really, it was a symbol of some sort, done in black, just above the waistline of her jeans. So I asked her why she'd had it done, if she hated it so much, and her answer was basically "We went to Geelong (about 2 hours from where I live, and a popular place for the locals to have tattoos done), and everyone else was getting one...it seemed like a good idea at the time..." :killme: She's not thinking so now....
Old 05-25-2004, 09:56 AM
(Q) Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Junior Member

Frubals: 23
(Q) invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

The only thing a tatoo will give you is the respect and admiration of other idiots with tatoos.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Amanda18 Offline

Amanda18 says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

I understand what you all are saying about the tattoo, I dont think GOD will send you directly to hell just for a tattoo but you never know. I know they are permanent, but I was going to get a cross on the middle of my back or a picture of jesus, and a chinese symbol for strength and maybe a butterfly...I dont think I would regret religious tattoos, or butterflys, I love them. I will consider though. All of you that say hell isnt real, do you think Heaven is real, and what makes you think hell isnt real? Thanks and GOD BLESS!!!