Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Discussion
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Linus Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Senior Member

Frubals: 148
Linus is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsLinus is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsLinus is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friends
Default Tombstone, the movie

Has anyone sen this movie? I think it is a great flick but there is one question that I cannot find the answer to.

No, it isn't the meaning of the "huckleberry" line.

No it isn't the meaning of Doc's "that's funny" line (you know, the one at the end where he's looking at his feet)

The question I have is this: What does the word "lunger" mean?

I have searched and asked, but I can't find the answer. I thought it had something to do with Doc's Tuberculosis, but other characters are called this as well.

Does anyone know?
Old 12-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Scott1 Offline
Religion: Maronite Catholic
Title:Theist
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 993
Scott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in publicScott1 refuses to remove those frubals from your nose in public

As I understand the word.... a lunger is a collection of phlegm (sp?)/mucus collected into the mouth and spit..... yech!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:48 PM
cardero Offline
Religion: Patrickism
Title:Citizen Mod
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1724
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers

Quote:
SOGFFP writes: As I understand the word.... a lunger is a collection of phlegm (sp?)/mucus collected into the mouth and spit..... yech!
Isn't that a "loogey"? Or am I thinking of past tense? For example-"to have loogied."

Old 12-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Bastet Offline
Title:Vile Stove-Toucher
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 633
Bastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensBastet is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliens

From dictionary.com:

Main Entry: lung·er
Pronunciation: 'l&[ng]-&r
Function: noun
: one affected with a chronic disease of the lungs; especially : one who is tubercular

Don't know if that helps...I love that movie too.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Linus Offline

Linus is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsLinus is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsLinus is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friends

That's funny. I went to dictionary.com and typed in "lunger" and got (drumroll please):

One who lunges.

Thanks Dcitionary.com!!!

Anyway...
Yeah I figured it had something to do with Doc's TB, but I think there is someone else in the movie who is called this. I can't remember who, though. Maybe Im just crazy...
Old 12-23-2004, 07:04 AM
jewscout Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Religious Zionist

Frubals: 952
jewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabby

Linus the only person who was called a Lunger in that movie was Doc. If i remember the bartender is talking to Ike Clanton and when Doc starts to cough up blood and Ike, who just lost a game to Doc says:
Ike: "Whats wrong with him?"
Bartender: "Lunger"
Ike: "Yeah well I hope he dies."

Then again with Ringo and Doc:
Ringo: "Don't any of you have the guts to play for blood?"
Doc: "I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game."
Ringo: "Alright Lunger, Draw."
Doc: "Say when."

And then again at the final show down between Ringo and Doc i think.

Sorry i'm a big Tombstone fanatic....one of the best movies ever
Old 12-23-2004, 09:20 AM
huajiro Offline
Religion: ?

Frubals: 125
huajiro started a frubal farmhuajiro started a frubal farmhuajiro started a frubal farm

Wow....I need to pay a little more attention to what is said in movies!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 11:14 AM
croak Offline
Title:Trickster
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat systems. 

Frubals: 216
croak gives your frubals the creepscroak gives your frubals the creepscroak gives your frubals the creepscroak gives your frubals the creepscroak gives your frubals the creeps

Never heard of the movie.
I'm laughing 'cause I thought it was some horror movie.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:32 AM
jewscout Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Religious Zionist

Frubals: 952
jewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabbyjewscout is concerned that your frubals are getting a little flabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearingArabian
Never heard of the movie.
I'm laughing 'cause I thought it was some horror movie.
You poor deprived child That is one of my favorite movies...ever!
Old 12-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Linus Offline

Thanks Jewscout. That really clears things up.

It really is one of the best movies of all time. My favorite part is when Wyatt Earp pistol whips that guy with his own gun...classic