Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Discussion
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Buttercup Offline
Title:Caution:Feral Chimp Ahead
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: 10,000 posts! 

Frubals: 2277
Buttercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubalButtercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubal
Buttercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubalButtercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubalButtercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubalButtercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubalButtercup wonders why you would EVER question a frubal

Tell the doctor about that....there is medication you can take 'if' you are pregnant or planning on getting pregnant hun.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Bishka Offline
Religion: Christian - LDS
Title:BANNED
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: This was given to your for the milestone of reaching 10,000 posts. 

Frubals: 855920
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Ok. Shall do .
Old 03-10-2006, 03:14 AM
FFH Offline
Religion: see LDS.org Mormon.org
Title:BANNED
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1345058
FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Ibuprofen with fever reducer (which they all have) works wonders for me. I wish someone had told me that years ago.

Drink 100 % lemon juice straight (if you can handle it) It knocks out colds and fevers fast, or mix it with a little water and drink it that way. Don't mix sugar or anything with it, just a little water. It works better if you can drink it straight, though. It is powerful stuff. Don't underestimate it. It will burn your throat, and stings a bit, but it really works fast, and it's worth the few minutes of discomfort. Try drinking a little bit with water, and then work up to drinking sall amounts straight. I drink about 8 oz. over a period of a day or two, It will knock your cold out of your system fast. Lemon Juice does for your body, as alcohol does for a wound, it kills all the bad bacteria and germs throughout your body. It makes you recover much faster.

Raw garlic minced and put into scrambled eggs is another thing that works for me. The more garlic the better and eggs have a lot of vitamin A which is good for your immune system. You can also cook the garlic in the microwave for about 10 seconds or more depending on how many cloves you put in, and then mince it. It's not as affective this way, when you cook it, but it still works if you eat a lot of it.

Try mixing the minced cooked garlic with butter, and put it on toast, or anything else you would put butter on. We do this all the time and it keeps us cold and flu free. It really clears your sinuses and allows you to breathe better too.

All three of these things work good for me; ibuprofen, 100 % lemon juice and garlic.

Last edited by FFH; 03-10-2006 at 03:22 AM..
Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1695
dawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evil
dawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evildawny0826 urges you to use your frubals for good and not evil

You could take Tylenol based drugs even if you ARE pregnant.

Tylenol cold would be okay.

Benadryl and I think even sudafed would be okay to take as well.

Last edited by dawny0826; 03-10-2006 at 07:59 AM..
Old 03-10-2006, 08:05 AM
michel Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Administrator Emeritus
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers for your work on the newsletter and is well deserved. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 2754
michel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal tax
michel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal taxmichel was audited for avoidance of the frubal tax

The only suggestion that others haven't made so far;

If your throat hurts a lot, try melting a couple of teaspoons of honey in a small glass of water. a) It is soothing, b)Honey is a natural antibiotic.
If it is a sinus 'thing', you could try covering your head with a blanket and inhaling steam from a kettle (Obviously CAREFULLY so as not to burn yourself) an inhilation will bring anything there is lingering in the passages out.

To be frank though, the Doctor is the answer. Whatever it is, I hope you soon feel better.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Pussyfoot Mouse Offline
Religion: Catholic Girl, I Think
Title:Super Mom

Frubals: 219
Pussyfoot Mouse gives your frubals the creepsPussyfoot Mouse gives your frubals the creepsPussyfoot Mouse gives your frubals the creepsPussyfoot Mouse gives your frubals the creepsPussyfoot Mouse gives your frubals the creeps

As everyone has already told you....get to the doctor.
But in the meantime, you put your feet up and keep warm, and get lots of rest.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Druidus Offline
Religion: N/A
Title:Keeper of the Grove
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 538
Druidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your nose

I would heartily urge you to go to a doctor. If it's strept throat, you really want to get antibiotics as fast as possible.

When I have strept throat (all too often), its a soulcrushingly painful event. I can barely breathe, and just crawling around hoping to find the kitchen for water (it's all hazey and dream-like for me) is horrible.

The faster you get to a doctor, the faster you can be healed. In the mean time, as long as it doesn't offend you, I will ask Dannu to care for you.

As well, my offer for those sleeping techniques is still open. They've really helped me with my insomnia.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
ChrisP Offline
Title:Prolific Member
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 893
ChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsChrisP offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel
The only suggestion that others haven't made so far;

If your throat hurts a lot, try melting a couple of teaspoons of honey in a small glass of water. a) It is soothing, b)Honey is a natural antibiotic.
If it is a sinus 'thing', you could try covering your head with a blanket and inhaling steam from a kettle (Obviously CAREFULLY so as not to burn yourself) an inhilation will bring anything there is lingering in the passages out.

To be frank though, the Doctor is the answer. Whatever it is, I hope you soon feel better.
^^^ this is good advice though the only REALLY antibiotic honey is Active Manuka Honey. Expensive but damn good for all sorts of things. They're even making bandages with it in these days.

There's A Flavour of Metal for EVERYONE

Mark 4:40 "
Then he said to the disciples, `Why do you fear? Do you not believe in God?' "
Old 03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Shadow Wolf Offline
Religion: per aspera ad inferi
Title:Ghoul
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your constant and valuable contributions to the forum through the years Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1150
Shadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubals
Shadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubals

I would go to a doctor today.
One symptom I usually suffer from with strep is severe indegestion. It was so bad last time I had strep, people thought my appendix had burst.
For without Thee
We are in The Crapper.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Bangbang Offline
Religion: Freethinking Hedonist
Title:Junior Member

Frubals: 85
Bangbang says every time your read this, God slaps another frubalBangbang says every time your read this, God slaps another frubal

Just tell the Demon to get out of you and do this while drinking lots of fruit juices.