Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally right or wrong?
It's ok in all cases. 2 2.02%
It's ok, but only if they both consent, and are in a loving, caring relationship. 19 19.19%
It's never ok. 54 54.55%
Only with giant purple space hampsters from Mars, who are named "Boo". 24 24.24%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Druidus Offline
Religion: N/A
Title:Keeper of the Grove
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 538
Druidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your nose
Default Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally wrong or right?

Is there something inherently wrong with having sex with a non-human species? Does it depend on whether or not the human rapes the non-human? If it is wrong, what should the punishment be? My opinion is that it is ok, but only when the non-human and human consent, and they are in a loving, caring relationship. I believe love is common to all creatures, and can be spread between all species.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Druidus Offline
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  

Druidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your noseDruidus will try to make you laugh hard enough to spew frubals from your nose

I believe I've made a mistake/ Is there a way for a mod to untick the option that shows what people choose? I must have accidentally ticked it. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Doodlebug02 Offline
Religion: Liberal Christian
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 45
Doodlebug02 yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druidus
Is there something inherently wrong with having sex with a non-human species? Does it depend on whether or not the human rapes the non-human? If it is wrong, what should the punishment be? My opinion is that it is ok, but only when the non-human and human consent, and they are in a loving, caring relationship. I believe love is common to all creatures, and can be spread between all species.
But currently, there are no known non-human species that have the ability to consent to such a thing. And if they do have the ability, how are we supposed to know that they are consenting? Personally, I think beastiality is disgusting.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 PM
cardero Offline
Religion: Patrickism
Title:Citizen Mod
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1724
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers

I apologize for recycling an old response but I think this explanation is applicable to this thread.

As long as the human and lamb are consenting adults I do not think........................

Old 01-06-2005, 04:59 AM
retrorich Offline
Religion: None/Atheist
Title:SUPER NOT-A-MOD

Frubals: 516
retrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal belly

Animals are not capable of consenting to sex. Sex without mutual consent is wrong. Therefore, bestiality is wrong.

Last edited by retrorich; 01-06-2005 at 07:04 AM..
Old 01-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Druidus Offline

Quote:
But currently, there are no known non-human species that have the ability to consent to such a thing.
What do you base this off of? Non-humans do consent with eachother, through the use of various behaviors.

Quote:
And if they do have the ability, how are we supposed to know that they are consenting?
By examining the behavior of the non-human in question. If they display the courtship rituals of that species, then we know that they are interested in the human.

Quote:
Personally, I think beastiality is disgusting.
It's not a pretty picture in my mind either, but then again, I don't view homosexuality very high on my list of appealing things either. This is because I am merely not attracted to such things. However, certain individuals are, and we have to try to understand them.

Quote:
Animals are not capable of consenting to sex. Sex without mutual consent is wrong. Therefore, beasiality is wrong.
But then, is all sex that animals may or may not have with each other rape?

Please note, people, I am not a zoophiliac. I just feel that people who have an attraction to non-humans should be allowed to pursue their interest.

What is the factor that is morally wrong? Is it because all interspecies sex is unnatural? Or is it just wrong for humans? Non-humans do have interspecies sex. There have been accounts of chimpanzees (our closest living relative), having mutually consented sex with baboons. We know that it is mutuallky consented, because we can see them both enacting the flirting actions of their respective species. Many a time non-humans in zoos have been recorded to have "come on" to their human keepers. Dolphins are quite common in this. Is this not consent?

For those out there who might base their beliefs on homosexuality being natural because non-humans practice it, then you must also, by logic, agree that interspecies sex is also natural, because non-humans practice it.

Last edited by Druidus; 01-06-2005 at 05:37 AM..
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 AM
jewscout Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Religious Zionist

Frubals: 969
jewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dancejewscout believes that every time you frubal a post, angels strap on clown noses and line dance

Well the Torah forbids such practices.........but Torah or no Torah i just can't get next to the thought of it....but that's just my personal preference i prefer human.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:02 AM
retrorich Offline
Religion: None/Atheist
Title:SUPER NOT-A-MOD

Frubals: 516
retrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal bellyretrorich is starting to get quite the frubal belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druidus
But then, is all sex that animals may or may not have with each other rape?
The topic is bestiality (that is the correct spelling of the word), which I take to mean humans having sex with nonhuman animals. I don't believe that animals are capable of indicating consent for humans to have sex with them. (No, I do not have any proof of that.) I imagine they have ways of communicating consent to others of their specie. If so, animals who have sex with nonconsenting animals might be considered guilty of rape. However, I doubt that they worry about such concepts. If they are able to have sex with another animal without getting seriously bitten or clawed in the process, they are probably content. That may apply to some humans also.

Last edited by retrorich; 01-06-2005 at 09:45 AM..
Old 01-06-2005, 08:32 AM
cardero Offline
Religion: Patrickism
Title:Citizen Mod
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1724
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers

Quote:
Retrorich writes: Animals are not capable of consenting to sex. Sex without mutual consent is wrong. Therefore, bestiality is wrong.
Retrorich I apologize for my last post, sometimes these forums can be so misleading, I was actually going for a little humor there. Of course you cannot obtain consent from an animal but I will tell you this; if it was possible for a human to acquire positive sexual consent from an animal then they probably deserve each other.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:54 AM
t3gah Offline
Religion: theist
Title:Senior Member

Frubals: 67
t3gah has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islandst3gah has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islands
Default wrong spelling. it's bestiality, not beastiality

Since the definition states "animal" for bestiality and the Christian God said this is a "no no", you are only wrong if your are a Christian.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bestiality