Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Nuclear Weapons Be Banned?
Yes! Ban Nuclear Weapons From The Face of The Earth! 13 59.09%
Yes! Ban Nuclear Weapons For Usage In Wars, But Reserve Some Just In Case! 6 27.27%
No! Nuclear Weapons Could Prove Decisive In Wars and Confrontations! 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Neo-Logic Offline
Religion: The Golden Rule
Title:Reality Checker

Frubals: 351
Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.
Default Should Nuclear Weapons Be Banned?

Should nuclear weapons be banned? Such weapons are only useful for total devistation of a a city or cities with the power that the modern day ICBM's can unleash. As Robert McNamara puts it "we learn from our mistakes, but with nuclear weapons, there is only one chance. There are no room for mistakes"

Just a quick poll to see what people think of the nuclear weapons. Feel free to express your reasons for voting.

Last edited by aunggu2002; 06-19-2005 at 04:28 PM..
Old 06-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Scuba Pete Offline
Religion: Tolerance
Title:Victim of Intolerance
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Prolific Poster Award 

Frubals: 3
Scuba Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Nuke the nukes. We really don't need them.

BTW, does anyone else have a problem with the name "smart bomb". It's oxymoronic at best!

Hate wrapped in prayer or a sermon is still hate.

All you need is LOVE!
Old 06-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Lintu Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 5423
Lintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shop
Lintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shopLintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shopLintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shopLintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shopLintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shopLintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shopLintu advises that the key to making great frubals lies in finding the right butcher shop

The thing with banned weapons is that someone crazy enough to use one doesn't particularly care if they're banned (and wouldn't ditch them voluntarily anyways).
Old 06-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Neo-Logic Offline
Religion: The Golden Rule
Title:Reality Checker

Frubals: 351
Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Neo-Logic finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDoc
Nuke the nukes. We really don't need them.

BTW, does anyone else have a problem with the name "smart bomb". It's oxymoronic at best!
Errrm not really. If left to me, I would've called it ' accurate bombs ' or ' percision bombs'
Old 06-20-2005, 01:08 AM
john313 Offline
Religion: Submission
Title:warrior-poet
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 85
john313 says every time your read this, God slaps another frubaljohn313 says every time your read this, God slaps another frubal

theoretically, its a good idea to ban them, but who would destroy theirs first? and the technology would still be out there and no one would follow the rules. Sorta like banning guns, it only disarms the lawful people who would not misuse them in the first place, the evil ones still have their guns.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Crystallas Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Junior Member
Great Suggestion Award:  - Issue reason: favicon suggestion and design 

Frubals: 76
Crystallas likes the look on kids' faces when you tell them their frubals are falling offCrystallas likes the look on kids' faces when you tell them their frubals are falling off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintu
The thing with banned weapons is that someone crazy enough to use one doesn't particularly care if they're banned (and wouldn't ditch them voluntarily anyways).
I totally agree, frubals.
Nuclear weapons are going to be made weather they are banned or not. While their intentions are for defense and war related intentions, we learn about them more for their other attributes. Things such as nuke power is big, but what about nuke appliances, and transportation? While this sounds far fetched, a great deal of the research funded and done is due to countries working with nuclear weapons. These things may not only be a reality one day, but they may become the safest solutions.. we just dont know exactly yet.
I think we are in a great position now, where people dont want to see them used, but since the popular majority wont support the use of it, then that makes those scientists all the more careful. We shouldnt support it, but we shouldnt ban it either. Its an important grey area. Aswell as any country that totally drops its nuke research will be slightly more threatened by countries that support their power and potential of their own research. Allowing for 3rd world countries(let alone more powerful nations) with corrupt leaders to use nuclear force and not care since they cant be stopped.

Last edited by Crystallas; 06-20-2005 at 01:17 AM..
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Fluffy Offline
Religion: Transhumanism
Title:A fool
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This Scolarship award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: The Courtesy award has been granted to you by the awards committee and is well deserved. 

Frubals: 1040
Fluffy invents imaginary friends and hounds them for frubals
Fluffy invents imaginary friends and hounds them for frubals

My mind wandered onto this topic when I was debating in a gun ownership thread. Afterall, if I feel that people should be allowed to use guns, then where exactly do I draw my line in terms of the danger to others which the weapon has? Surely I cannot merely argue that a gun can only kill a few people, comparatively, before the gunman is taken down whilst a nuclear weapon could kill much more and therefore should be banned from home ownership.

Yet at the same time I dislike the idea of giving power to the state whilst banning it from the people since, in my opinion, this will lead to a dictatorship, given time.

And then again, I don't like restricting personal freedom at all since I feel that it is an inefficient way to prevent crime by banning the tool.

It is a moral mess .
Old 06-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Ori Offline
Title:Angel slayer
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award is presented by your peers and is well deserved Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 382
Ori suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubalsOri suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubalsOri suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubalsOri suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubalsOri suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubalsOri suggests that you not swim for half an hour after receiving frubals

I voted to ban them all. If only one is fired, thats it, we are buggered.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Khale Offline
Religion: Christian-ish
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 56
Khale has a reputation beyond reputeKhale has a reputation beyond repute

I voted to reserve some just in case.The amount that we and other countries have of these is ludicrious. Though we do need them as a constantly implied threat, having the thousands upon thousands that we have now is a bit overkill.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:26 PM
BUDDY Offline
Religion: The Search
Title:User of Aspercreme

Frubals: 531
BUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsBUDDY is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubals

Whether we like it or not, coutries like Korea, China and Iran either have them or are trying to get them. As long as those who profess to hate our ocuntry and our way of life have nuclear weapons, it is important that we have them as well. It's a crappy situation, but one we must deal with. I just hope that a reliable nuclear defense platform can be made a reality. This would make nuclear weapons obsolete, which would be good for everybody.