Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Entertainment / Games
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline
Religion: Universal Soul (Qi)
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 710
The Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packets
Default This Might Seem Unbelievable but...

I beat the whole Portal 2 game without any walkthroughs. Obviously, others have done so in order to make the walkthroughs, but it just feels like such an accomplishment.

I did miss an achievement, but ah well, I might play it again some other time.

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Riverwolf Online!
Religion: The Old Way
Title:Gríma Prosōpon
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For you constant hard work for making this a better forum Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Man, how'd I miss that. :p Congrats RW! 

Frubals: 931
Riverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than these

Congrats.

I did as well. I hardly ever use walkthroughs anymore. However, I was SORELY tempted at several points. ^_^

Give our prayers of thanksgiving
To Life and John Barleycorn
Death is a new beginning;
What dies shall be reborn!
-Damh the Bard

Dreams can turn into nightmares, but in the end, they become dreams again.
-James Rolfe
Old 03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

The Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post
Congrats.

I did as well. I hardly ever use walkthroughs anymore. However, I was SORELY tempted at several points. ^_^
Yeah same, especially when it's a puzzle game, but when I do find a walkthrough for one level I totally become dependent on them.

The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 AM
9Westy9 Offline
Religion: Apatheist
Title:Sceptic

Frubals: 387
9Westy9 pokes holes in frubals to use them as finger puppets9Westy9 pokes holes in frubals to use them as finger puppets9Westy9 pokes holes in frubals to use them as finger puppets9Westy9 pokes holes in frubals to use them as finger puppets9Westy9 pokes holes in frubals to use them as finger puppets9Westy9 pokes holes in frubals to use them as finger puppets

I use a walkthrough occasionally. Sometimes I end up saying "How did I not think of that" and at others saying "How on earth was I supposed to think of that". Both of which are extremely irritating

Memento Mori
Remember that you will die

Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Father Heathen Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Libertarian
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating over 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 2592
Father Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubals
Father Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsFather Heathen never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
I beat the whole Portal 2 game without any walkthroughs. Obviously, others have done so in order to make the walkthroughs, but it just feels like such an accomplishment.

Walkthroughs defeat the purpose of playing when it comes to puzzle games.

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Heathen View Post
That's true, but it's really really tempting at times :P

There were even times where the levels were fairly easy but I didn't know where to go after that :P

The Sum of Awe

Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Riverwolf Online!
Religion: The Old Way
Title:Gríma Prosōpon
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For you constant hard work for making this a better forum Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Man, how'd I miss that. :p Congrats RW! 

Frubals: 931
Riverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than theseRiverwolf is suspicious that your frubals might be a little shinier than these

I fully confess that the first time I played Myst, I used a walkthrough.

Luckily, it was only once, and I deliberately avoided the game for years, so that on my next playthrough, I'll forget the solutions and be able to play legit.

Give our prayers of thanksgiving
To Life and John Barleycorn
Death is a new beginning;
What dies shall be reborn!
-Damh the Bard

Dreams can turn into nightmares, but in the end, they become dreams again.
-James Rolfe
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Kerr Offline
Religion: None
Title:Lofty Member
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: For your amazing patience and tolerance 

Frubals: 315
Kerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post

I dont think I used any walkthroughs. And its definately an awesome game that should be beaten that way .

EDIT:

I have a confession, though. Sometimes my brain stopped working and I spent like 40 minutes on a rather trivial puzzle .
Old 03-17-2013, 02:38 AM
Kerr Offline
Religion: None
Title:Lofty Member
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: For your amazing patience and tolerance 

Frubals: 315
Kerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decisionKerr tried fruballing the Parole Board, but in the end the goat & Jello incident drove their decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Heathen View Post
Yeah, but I wouldnt say its wrong to use them if you just cant get passed a specific part. And I do not just mean in 10 minutes, I mean you have really, really tried but just cannot figure it out.