Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Social World / Family and Personal Living
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: At what age should a father and daughter no longer shower together?
0 4 8.89%
1 5 11.11%
2 1 2.22%
3 4 8.89%
4 3 6.67%
5 1 2.22%
6 1 2.22%
7 0 0%
8 1 2.22%
9 0 0%
10 0 0%
11 0 0%
12 0 0%
Fathers and Daughters can shower together, regardless of the age 13 28.89%
Fathers and Daughters should never shower together 12 26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Jessica Magan Offline
Religion: catholic
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 6085
Jessica Magan left the lid off some frubals and stunk up the refrigeratorJessica Magan left the lid off some frubals and stunk up the refrigerator
Jessica Magan left the lid off some frubals and stunk up the refrigeratorJessica Magan left the lid off some frubals and stunk up the refrigerator

I believe that around the ages of three or four. When the child is old enough to start noticing our differences in anatomy it would be wise for the parent to discontinue bathing together. You don't have to be a complete prude but teaching your children modesty and personal boundries is crucial to their well being.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Religion: Atheist
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 250
Mercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch money

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshell View Post
At what age do you think a father and daughter should quit showering together and why did you pick that age?
I nominate the OP for "Loaded Question of the Month" award.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:24 PM
nutshell Offline
Religion: Non-literal LDS
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 681113
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy Not Sacrifice View Post
I nominate the OP for "Loaded Question of the Month" award.
Why??? Do you read the responses? There was nothing loaded about the question.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Religion: Atheist
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 250
Mercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch moneyMercy Not Sacrifice finds frubal whores and takes their lunch money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hema View Post
I would say when signs of puberty begin to show. It is hard to pick a specific age because girls reach puberty at different ages. I remember when I was little I used to run around the house naked and then one day my mom stopped me and said I was getting to be a big girl now. I felt self-conscious because I knew my body was changing. I felt like I was no longer daddy's little girl. Now, I know that no matter what I'll always be daddy's little girl. Ah well, soon I will have my husband's house to run around naked in (when the in-laws are not around of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
On this one, I'd personally go with the Japanese point of view, Nutshell, because my intuition tells me "the family that splashes together sticks together". To get clinical about it: Showering is usually a pleasant activity, and so your daughters are likely to develope fond memories of showering with their dad. I not only see nothing wrong with that, I think it's a positive thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar's Cry View Post
Showering is practical before it is sexual. It is an activity designed to clean the body and relax the mind. In my experience, showering with a partner is more intimate than sexual, as we are both sharing a relaxing and personal activity.

I imagine bathing has been a social activity in the past that was shared by family members and non-family members alike. Associating it with sex is a modern custom based probably on the sexualization of nudity in our culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
If we were all Japanese, we wouldn't be having this debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaimonia View Post
If the father is a pedophile, then age 0. (i.e. not at all)

If the father is not a pedophile, then no age limit, especially if the family practices nudism. Nudity =/= sex.

eudaimonia,

Mark
I agree with all of the above. There's not much to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshell View Post
Why??? Do you read the responses? There was nothing loaded about the question.
Because it's very possible for a conversation such as this to go downhill.

Although I must admit, RF tends to handle these kinds of topics pretty well. Some boards can't even get off the first page without turning into a flame war....
Old 04-06-2007, 10:51 PM
nutshell Offline
Religion: Non-literal LDS

Frubals: 681113
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Yeah...I think we've done a good job with this thread.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1742
dawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubals
dawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubalsdawny0826 can only aspire to be as cool as your frubals

I showered with my father when I was wee one, actually when my Mom was in the hospital, giving birth to my sister.

I was two and a half and I remember pointing to his private area and asking him what it was. He never put me in the shower with him again.

Every parenting book I've read has said about the same thing...that the age that children start to become aware of nudity is typically around age 3.

In our household, this has rang true. My husband has never bathed or showered with our children but I've bathed with my oldest and at around three years old, she started to point and ask questions. I answered her questions honestly and ceased to bathe or change around her.

I've been interrupted while trying to get dressed. I politely explain to my children that Mommies need their privacy.

Once Emmie started asking questions about the body, I informed her that our body parts belong to ourselves and people shouldn't touch our body parts and that we should keep our body parts to ourselves.

Every kid is different. Emily is quite inquisitive as I was at an early age. My two year old isn't as inquisitive as her sister was at this age.

Every parent is different as well.

I wouldn't have felt comfy at all bathing with a son. And my hubby would never bathe or shower with the girls.

Last edited by dawny0826; 04-07-2007 at 10:16 AM..
Old 04-08-2007, 07:36 PM
darkpenguin Offline
Religion: Death cheater
Title:Charismatic Enigma

Frubals: 170
darkpenguin falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timedarkpenguin falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timedarkpenguin falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timedarkpenguin falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every time

I see no problem with it so long as it's fine with both concerned, I bathed with my grandma until I was about 6 and it never did me any harm.
It's a shower people, to get clean you know the thing that you do in a shower.

The Original RF Penguin Baby
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 AM
lombas Offline
Title:Society of Brethren

Frubals: 31
lombas has a pet name for each frubal

I think there is no legal way to express the reasons why people shower and bathe together as there is little way to find out when it's done voluntarily.

I never spent any time with my parents in the same bathroom since I was about 9. Bathing together was not done, and I support that. But live and let live I'd say.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Kungfuzed Offline
Religion: Unitarian Universalist
Title:Student Nurse

Frubals: 297
Kungfuzed cackles hysterically after pulling the chair out from under your frubalsKungfuzed cackles hysterically after pulling the chair out from under your frubalsKungfuzed cackles hysterically after pulling the chair out from under your frubalsKungfuzed cackles hysterically after pulling the chair out from under your frubalsKungfuzed cackles hysterically after pulling the chair out from under your frubals

Father and daughter showering together is just too wierd for me. I don't even like person on the shampoo bottle staring at me when I'm showering and I'll turn it the other way. Unless you're having sex with me I don't want you seeing me naked. My daughter hasn't learned to be ashamed of her body yet and I do have to give her a bath when she visits. I'm clothed the entire time though. She's 6 years old.

What do you expect? I'm a virgo.

I also want to avoid the appearance of evil. I wouldn't want my daughter telling someone at school that she showers with her father and have social services knocking at my door.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:41 AM
BFD_Zayl Offline
Religion: Anonymity

Frubals: 167
BFD_Zayl goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'BFD_Zayl goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'BFD_Zayl goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'BFD_Zayl goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfuzed View Post
Father and daughter showering together is just too wierd for me. I don't even like person on the shampoo bottle staring at me when I'm showering and I'll turn it the other way. Unless you're having sex with me I don't want you seeing me naked. My daughter hasn't learned to be ashamed of her body yet and I do have to give her a bath when she visits. I'm clothed the entire time though. She's 6 years old.

What do you expect? I'm a virgo.

I also want to avoid the appearance of evil. I wouldn't want my daughter telling someone at school that she showers with her father and have social services knocking at my door.
or have a giant "amber alert" knocking down your door and beating the living crap out of you...or both at once.