Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Social World / Family and Personal Living
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Caladan Offline
Religion: Spice-hooked Fremen
Title:Agnostic Pantheist
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: For your excellent knowledge Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Dan! 

Frubals: 1967
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Default Our flat renovations

My wife and I bought an apartment about 9 months ago and we've been running extensive renovations, some of the guys and girls on the forum already seen some of the results, but I thought I'll share it with the forum members and get some feedback.

This is the transformation of the original living space into our lounge:

Last edited by Caladan; 03-04-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Pastek Offline
Religion: Sunni muslim
Title:Senior Member

Frubals: 125
Pastek started a frubal farmPastek started a frubal farmPastek started a frubal farm

The floor of the photo on the right, remember me the houses in arab countries.
They don't use parquet floor.

But i think it's nice with the new floor.

Last edited by Pastek; 03-05-2013 at 06:02 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 AM
savagewind Offline
Religion: I believe Yehoshua
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats! And sorry this took so long. 

Frubals: 320
savagewind won last year's frubal spitting contestsavagewind won last year's frubal spitting contestsavagewind won last year's frubal spitting contestsavagewind won last year's frubal spitting contestsavagewind won last year's frubal spitting contestsavagewind won last year's frubal spitting contest

Wow! How nice. Is the designer you, your wife, or both? It is magazine quality. Now keep it uncluttered. I love it.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1706
dawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeria
dawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeria

I like it.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Caladan Offline
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: For your excellent knowledge Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Dan! 

Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastek View Post
The floor of the photo on the right, remember me the houses in arab countries.
They don't use parquet floor.
It is old construction. The apartment is a few decades old. We wanted to build something out of nothing starting from the lowest levels. In its original form, the interior architecture did not meet our vision, but we recognized the potential straight away.
So we broke walls, installed a parquet, changed the plumbing, upgraded the electricity, etc. In fact the only thing we did not change in the apartment was the bath which we left, but turned into a free standing bath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagewind View Post
Wow! How nice. Is the designer you, your wife, or both? It is magazine quality. Now keep it uncluttered. I love it.
Both of us. We've been planning for a while. We got plenty of ideas that we polished while still living in a much smaller flat in London, and while travelling Milan. My wife and I have very similar taste, so we had a clear vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawny0826 View Post
I like it.
Thanks dawny
Old 03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Onkara Offline
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 323
Onkara won last year's frubal spitting contestOnkara won last year's frubal spitting contestOnkara won last year's frubal spitting contestOnkara won last year's frubal spitting contestOnkara won last year's frubal spitting contestOnkara won last year's frubal spitting contest

I like the idea of the TV on the wall above the sofa.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Religion: Gone with the wind
Title:Rockerjahili Rebel
Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work as part of the staff. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For posting prolifically :D 

Frubals: 1067
England my lionheart worries that dead frubals might have ghosts
England my lionheart worries that dead frubals might have ghostsEngland my lionheart worries that dead frubals might have ghosts

Like it Dan,good use of the space.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Caladan Offline

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkara View Post
I like the idea of the TV on the wall above the sofa.
Thanks, it's maximum space use
Old 03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Caladan Offline

Kitchen completed. Before and after.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 AM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1706
dawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeria
dawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeriadawny0826 was swindled by an e-mail about the tragic death of a rich frubal in Nigeria

I like that it's modern, has a minimalistic feel, but also looks cozy at the same time. Functional but "hip".

Great use of space!