Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / Evolution Vs. Creationism
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1671  
Old 02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
camanintx's Avatar
camanintx Offline
Religion: Humanist
Title:Uber Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 3rd Rock
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,329
Frubals: 148
camanintx is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendscamanintx is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendscamanintx is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friends
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post
That NEVER happens and you have no working model to draw from.
It happens millions of times every day. Every living organism starts out as a single cell, including you wilson. Organisms like algee and slime regularly change from single-cell into multi-cellular organisms as the conditions change.

Quote:
Really? How man mutations are there in "each individual organism?"
Mr. Camanintx,
Why do you feel you can fool me so easily?
That response is downright dishonest.
According to current research, you and I each carry between 100 and 200 mutations in our genetic structure. And these are germ level mutations, not somatic.
__________________
Voltaire – "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Reply With Quote
  #1672  
Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
camanintx's Avatar
camanintx Offline
Religion: Humanist
Title:Uber Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 3rd Rock
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,329
Frubals: 148
camanintx is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendscamanintx is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendscamanintx is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friends
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
I can go one better.

You as a biologist cannot back either view on bird decent. As much as you wish to woffle on and on you have not responed with anything but degredations of me.

PAINTEDWOLF HAS NO CLUE HERE, EVERYONE!..and really has no clue about birds despite all her crap and microraptors.


Hence you are akin to a looser with no game to play here.

Neither are you unable to refute the fact that the refute to the human footprints along dinos appear to be obviously human and not a typical dino footprint. The refute is unjustified.

You are a shadow walker at best, PW, with no clue about what birds really decended from.

pog mo thóin
Keep telling yourself that newhope and you just might believe it. The rest of us however know better.
__________________
Voltaire – "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Reply With Quote
  #1673  
Old 02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
painted wolf's Avatar
painted wolf Offline
Religion: Native American
Title:Grey Muzzle
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For the knowledge, research and effort you put into your posts. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NH, USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,370
Frubals: 1674
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
I can go one better.

You as a biologist cannot back either view on bird decent. As much as you wish to woffle on and on you have not responed with anything but degredations of me.

PAINTEDWOLF HAS NO CLUE HERE, EVERYONE!..and really has no clue about birds despite all her crap and microraptors.



Hence you are akin to a looser with no game to play here.

Neither are you unable to refute the fact that the refute to the human footprints along dinos appear to be obviously human and not a typical dino footprint. The refute is unjustified.

You are a shadow walker at best, PW, with no clue about what birds really decended from.

pog mo thóin
awe... did you make that for me? That's so sweet.

Why do your "human footprints" have three toes?

Why can't you define what a bird is? Are they all the same "kind"?

Why can't you give me an alternative to dinosaurs for bird ancestry? hint: "glider" is not an animal.

Why do you insist on blowing smoke and trying to make this about me (meaning I eventually have to respond to get your attention.... I clearly have it for what it's worth) rather than addressing the issues presented to you?

wa:do

ps... I try to avoid getting my face so close to filth. And such language isn't very christian of you now is it?
__________________
mispellers of the world 'untie'!
wa:do Cherokee for 'thank you'
Reply With Quote
  #1674  
Old 02-21-2011, 01:52 PM
outhouse's Avatar
outhouse Offline
Religion: atheisticly
Title:Prominent Member
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Auburn Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,010
Frubals: 498
outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'outhouse wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'
Default

Quote:
PAINTEDWOLF HAS NO CLUE HERE, EVERYONE!..
you could learn a vast amount of knowledge from her, if your mind wasnt blinded by 3000+ year myths found in the bible you base your miserable guesses from.

newhope

I have never seen anyone with such a twisted view as the one you hold.

you have been dishonest and have been caught at it time and time again.

shame on you for your desperation
Reply With Quote
  #1675  
Old 02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
newhope101 Offline
Religion: old earth creationist
Title:BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rural Australia, NSW
Gender: Female
Posts: 970
Frubals: 621659
newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!newhope101 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted wolf View Post
awe... did you make that for me? That's so sweet.

Why do your "human footprints" have three toes?

Why can't you define what a bird is? Are they all the same "kind"?

Why can't you give me an alternative to dinosaurs for bird ancestry? hint: "glider" is not an animal.

Why do you insist on blowing smoke and trying to make this about me (meaning I eventually have to respond to get your attention.... I clearly have it for what it's worth) rather than addressing the issues presented to you?

wa:do

ps... I try to avoid getting my face so close to filth. And such language isn't very christian of you now is it?

You still haven't committed to bird ancestry. I'll take you on one point at a time. So you cannot comment on which of these proposals you agree with. What are you waiting for.? You do not know for sure.

That means that all the dino bird evidence you shoved in my face is something you yourself are unable to defend at the moment. Looser!

Bird-from-dinosaur theory of evolution challenged: Was it the other way around?
Discovery Raises New Doubts About Dinosaur-bird Links


You had best come up with an answer PW, otherwise I'll make sure every creationist and evolutionist on RF hears of it, on every thread, one way or another!!!!!,!
Reply With Quote
  #1676  
Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
tumbleweed41's Avatar
tumbleweed41 Offline
Religion: Agnostic Deist/UU
Title:Resident Liberal Hippie
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Excellent work, fair, level-headedness Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Gary! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,447
Frubals: 1327
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
You had best come up with an answer PW, otherwise I'll make sure every creationist and evolutionist on RF hears of it, on every thread, one way or another!!!!!,!

While your at it, let everyone know about your endorsement of the Paluxy human/dino footprint fiasco.
__________________

Living in harmony with reality.
Reply With Quote
  #1677  
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM
painted wolf's Avatar
painted wolf Offline
Religion: Native American
Title:Grey Muzzle
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For the knowledge, research and effort you put into your posts. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NH, USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,370
Frubals: 1674
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
You still haven't committed to bird ancestry. I'll take you on one point at a time. So you cannot comment on which of these proposals you agree with. What are you waiting for.? You do not know for sure.

That means that all the dino bird evidence you shoved in my face is something you yourself are unable to defend at the moment. Looser!
I asked you questions first... making you the looserest.

And yes, I addressed your question a few times... you still have yet to mention mine, so again... you prove to be the looserest.

this was a deeply flawed study... Microraptor can't spread it's legs like they proposed as any decent study of the pelvis would show. This paper was soundly thrashed here: http://www.pnas.org/content/107/40/E155.extract
and here among other places.
New Commentary Stirs Dino-Bird Brouhaha | Dinosaur Tracking


Another deeply flawed and discredited paper. Not only does it ignore birds with tails like Archy, but it ignores actual dinosaur anatomy in favor of outdated views from the last century.

Neither of your sources suggests anything viable other than dinosaurs as bird ancestors. This is the biggest flaw of the BAND group, they are full of hot air and otherwise empty. Without an alternative hypothesis to test you are just blowing smoke.

Quote:
You had best come up with an answer PW, otherwise I'll make sure every creationist and evolutionist on RF hears of it, on every thread, one way or another!!!!!,!
is that supposed to be impressive somehow?

Now... what is "Bird kind" again?

wa:do
__________________
mispellers of the world 'untie'!
wa:do Cherokee for 'thank you'
Reply With Quote
  #1678  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
David M's Avatar
David M Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 620
Frubals: 63
David M thinks frubals grow on treesDavid M thinks frubals grow on trees
Default

Why are creationists so incapable of using the quote function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
Did you hear about the live snail was dated to 27,000 years.


Yes I did, just as I heard about the other aquatic organisms that give old radiocarbon ages. There is a reason for this which ignorant creationists like to pretend does not exist.

Radiocarbon dating works on carbon in living and once living things that comes from the atmosphere. Aquatic creatures take their carbon from both carbon dioxide dissolved in the water and from carbon that forms from dissolved minerals.

In the case of the snail it lived in an aquifer which means that it was surrounded by water that had not been in contact with the air for a very long time and had absorbed carbonates from rocks that were ancient.



Your first source is exactly the type of ignorant lying BS that is so prevalent in creationist circles. Perhaps you would like to inform us why carbon dating would be possible on fossils where all the carbon that was once living tissue has been replaced by minerals?

After all Miller lied to the museum about what they wanted to do, ignored the lab that told him that the samples were not suitable for carbon dating and ignored the fact that the bones were coated with modern shellac (that contains organic carbon) even though the lab told him that there was a lot of carbon in the shellac.

And your second source refutes your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
..and there are plenty more re lava misdated etc. Fortunately someone knew the true ages of these specimens and were able to contradict the findings. This is not the case with older fossils etc.
The only misdated lava is that which was dishonestly submitted for dating using a technique that cannot possibly date lava that young or when whole rock is dated and creationists ignore the geology which makes whole rock samples date to older than the eruption that formed the lava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
No I am not a liar I just know more than you, apparently.
No, you have just displayed your ignorance and credulity once again.

RATE's shoddy methodologies and distortions of the truth have already been amply documented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
Why? There are humans around with dinos, nothing should surprise you.


No, there are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
I believe the status of my definition is solid and does not need your acceptance
Good, in that case your defintion of kind contradicts the bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
There are human footprints found along side dino footprints. No doubt this is challenged and explained away somewhere other wise it should have made huge headlines. This is the sort of information your researchers often find and hide, or go to great lengths to discredit someway. They hide or throw away as incredible every result or evidence that is impossible to resolve into a TOE framework.
There are no dinosaur footprints along side human footprints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
TOE is the greatest lie ever inflicted on human society.
To be accurate your claim to understand of ToE is one of the greatest lies ever inflicted on an internet forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
The Taylor Trail:
A series of 14 sequential human footprints on the same platform with at least 134 dinosaur tracks.

This rapidly flowing river runs through the middle of Dinosaur Valley State Park, famous for its dinosaur tracks. Not as well known is the fact that human tracks have also been found, not only in the same formation, but on the same bedding plane and in some cases overlapping the dinosaur tracks.



The Taylor Trail, as it normally appears in the river under water. Subsequent excavation has extended the trail to a total of fourteen tracks in a consistent right-left pattern. The entire sequence can be seen through the water in this 1994 photograph, even though a thin layer of mud obscures the details. A trail of three-toed dinosaur tracks can be seen crossing at an angle of approximately 30 degrees.

Taylor Trail: Evidence that Dinosaurs and Humans coexisted
Wrong, unless you are suggesting humans have 3 toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
That means that all the dino bird evidence you shoved in my face is something you yourself are unable to defend at the moment. Looser!
I love the smell of desparation in the morning. Smells like victory

Last edited by David M; 02-21-2011 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1679  
Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Autodidact's Avatar
Autodidact Offline
Religion: atheist
Title:Intentionally Blank
Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,260
Frubals: 1582
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope101 View Post
These tracks look human to me.
What rubbish is this saying that a dino put his heel down to make such a print. The alledged human footprints are clearly that of a creature walking. So this dino, every time he took a step made sure he left his heel mark there also. Where are his 3 toe marks deeply impressed into the mud? Rubbish!

These footprints that are alledgedly human appear plainly human and do not resemble dino footprints at all.

https://www.forbiddenhistory.info/?q=node/55


In 2000, Alvis Delk and James Bishop of Stephenville, Texas, discovered a clear five-toed human footprint that shows uplift from a three-toed dinosaur print that pressed into it. The Creation Evidences Museum in Glen Rose has the original Alvis Delk footprint on display (and in person it is quite impressive. Photos do not do the print justice).

John Allen Watson, in his book Man, Dinosaurs, and Mammals Together (2001), notes that Willis' catalog of animals from the phosphate beds included dinosaurs, plesiosaurs, whales, sharks, rhinos, horses, mastodons, mammoths, porpoises, elephants, deer, pigs, dogs, and sheep

Dinosaurs and Men Together... Yep - eNews for July 27, 2010
http://www.dinosaursandman.com/resea..._DINOSAURS.pdf
Quote:
it would now be improper for creationists to continue to use the Paluxy data as evidence against evolution, in the light of these questions
John Morris, creationist.

Quote:
Arguments that should be avoided (because further research is still needed, new research has invalided aspects of it, or biblical implications may discount it)

Paluxy tracks prove that humans and dinosaurs co-existed.
Answers in Genesis, creationists.

Even the creationists admit they're phony, newhope. But congratulations on burning whatever shred of credibility you hoped to cling to here.

__________________
Lighthouses are more useful than churches.
Benjamin Franklin


Last edited by Autodidact; 02-21-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1680  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Dirty Penguin's Avatar
Dirty Penguin Offline
Religion: Common Sense
Title:Master Of Ceremony
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your consistent skill in debating different topics. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats!! 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,473
Frubals: 455
Dirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleDirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleDirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleDirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleDirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleDirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero styleDirty Penguin was injured trying to leap tall piles of frubals in a single bound, superhero style
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Why are creationists so incapable of using the quote function.
Yea, I hate that too.....
__________________
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence -
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Copyright © ReligiousForums.com

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.