Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / Evolution Vs. Creationism
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
PennyKay Offline
Religion: Athiest/Agnostic
Title:Physicist

Frubals: 24
PennyKay invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy
Smile Dawkins and Wendy Wright debate.

YouTube - Richard Dawkins Interviews Creationist Wendy Wright (Part 1/7)

Wendy Wright is the president of The Concerned Women for America. After watching this interview between herself and Dawkins, I am interested to hear your views on what both of them have to say.

Which side of the debate do you agree with mostly and why?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Orbital Offline
Title:Ignostic

Orbital invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

I agree with Dawkins.

Because Wendy never actually made a point.

I use to wonder how long one can put random words together without actually saying something, I have witnessed my answer.

To be honest, I had a really hard time watching this, Dawkins an actually evolutionary biologist vs. Wendy, who seems to have gotten all her information from some youtube creationist.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Orbital Offline

And what's a 'physicst'?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
PennyKay Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbital View Post
And what's a 'physicst'?
Somebody who works in physics as far as I'm aware...

Why???
Old 11-16-2010, 10:51 AM
PennyKay Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbital View Post
And what's a 'physicst'?
Sorry, yeah I noticed the spelling error a while a go, but have no idea how to change it
Old 11-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Orbital Offline

'User CP' >> 'Edit your Details'>>'Custom User Title'
Old 11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
PennyKay Offline

Cheers, changed!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Nepenthe Offline
Religion: None-Strong Atheist
Title:Tu Stultus Es
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1196
Nepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosion
Nepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosionNepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosionNepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosionNepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosion

Wendy Wright has nothing to contribute to the dialogue. She's a vapid propogandist for Concerned Women for America, a right-wing fundamentalist Christian conservative anti-think tank.
Watching the interview is like watching a 550 lb. tiger toying with a mentally deficient parapalegic kitten.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Storm Offline
Religion: Rogue Panentheist/ UU
Title:Proud Queer
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason: That's a lot of posts! 

Frubals: 2084
Storm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirlsStorm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirls
Storm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirlsStorm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Wendy Wright has nothing to contribute to the dialogue. She's a vapid propogandist for Concerned Women for America, a right-wing fundamentalist Christian conservative anti-think tank.
Watching the interview is like watching a 550 lb. tiger toying with a mentally deficient parapalegic kitten.
Agreed. I'd like to see Dawkins debate a believer who was his intellectual equal someday. Preferably one with a liberal theology. Huston Smith, perhaps, or my own Rev. Dr. Bill Sinkford.....

Check out my shiny new blog, Knitting In Church!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Midnight Pete Offline
Religion: Jesus Christ
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 107
Midnight Pete hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundMidnight Pete hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundMidnight Pete hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
That sounds fair.