Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / Evolution Vs. Creationism
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Skwim Online!
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Valiant Member

Frubals: 744
Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!Skwim reminds you to practice safe fruballing - always wear a helmet!
Default "How Much Do People Trust What Scientists Say?"

source
Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Walkntune Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 143
Walkntune writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceWalkntune writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceWalkntune writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

For the Autism, food safety,vitamins and minerals,depression drugs, and flu pandemics i believe they gave scientists way too much credit.
"Faith is what drives a man to the destiny of his heart and causes him to dictate reality instead of letting reality dictate him. It is the courage to step out past the limitations of the mind into the unknown and chase his dreams."
Old 09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Gunfingers Offline
Religion: Worships callipygians
Title:Happiness Incarnate

Frubals: 146
Gunfingers is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsGunfingers is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsGunfingers is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkntune View Post
For the Autism, food safety,vitamins and minerals,depression drugs, and flu pandemics i believe they gave scientists way too much credit.
Care to clarify on that?
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
--Randall Munroe
Old 09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
LuisDantas Offline
Religion: Ath/Agn, Buddhist
Title:Aura of atheification
Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your exceptional work at helping to make this a better forum Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Luis! I'll bet at least half were in the reports forum. 

Frubals: 1245
LuisDantas bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collection
LuisDantas bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionLuisDantas bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionLuisDantas bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionLuisDantas bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionLuisDantas bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collection

I'm surprised by the lack of confidence on the nutritional matters.

Click here to read and make suggestions for the glossary of Dharmic terms that I am compiling. See the links on the second post.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

It's interesting to see how elected officials and religious authorities rank.

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Kilgore Trout Offline
Religion: Misanthropic Humanist
Title:Ascetic Hedonist
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your innovative and exceptional contributions to the forum Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 20,000 posts,  simultaneously achieving both quality and quantity! 

Frubals: 3937
Kilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the text
Kilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the textKilgore Trout had a revelation that frubals were created on the 17th day, but scholars refuse to update the text

This isn't representative of a cross-section of the American populace. This is from a poll of readers of Scientific American, hence the rational results.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Willamena Online!
Religion: Just Me
Title:Just be there, doing that
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This creative thread award is given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat system Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions over the years. Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Patty!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of the Enigma: For being absolutely puzzling and mysterious to all your peers. - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3133
Willamena wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a timeWillamena wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a timeWillamena wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time
Willamena wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a timeWillamena wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a timeWillamena wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwim View Post

Oh, that can't be right!

Journalists should rank much lower.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
This isn't representative of a cross-section of the American populace. This is from a poll of readers of Scientific American, hence the rational results.
Well, that explains why the poll doesn't seem to reflect our public life.

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Walkntune Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 143
Walkntune writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceWalkntune writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceWalkntune writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

I don't want to get into any deep discussions with this right now because we could spend a long time on psychiatry alone.
I think taking a cough suppressant when you are sick is out right foolish. It is the bodies natural way of ridding itself of the germs causing the virus.When I was a child and would get the flu my mother would feel me full of medicine and I would be sick for a week. Now when I get sick I eat lots of oranges and drink water and usually better the next day, two at the most. Even animals know to fast and drink water when they get sick.Hard for big pharma to make money like that though.
"Faith is what drives a man to the destiny of his heart and causes him to dictate reality instead of letting reality dictate him. It is the courage to step out past the limitations of the mind into the unknown and chase his dreams."
Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 PM
tumbleweed41 Offline
Religion: Agnostic Deist/UU
Title:Resident Liberal Hippie
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Excellent work, fair, level-headedness Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Gary! 

Frubals: 1326
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkntune View Post
I don't want to get into any deep discussions with this right now because we could spend a long time on psychiatry alone.
I think taking a cough suppressant when you are sick is out right foolish. It is the bodies natural way of ridding itself of the germs causing the virus.When I was a child and would get the flu my mother would feel me full of medicine and I would be sick for a week. Now when I get sick I eat lots of oranges and drink water and usually better the next day, two at the most. Even animals know to fast and drink water when they get sick.Hard for big pharma to make money like that though.
So your beef is with the marketing campaigns of pharmaceutical companies that push so called cold remedies on us.
Not with Medical Science which advocates the following....

If you have a Cold

• Get more rest. Your body needs the energy to fight the cold.
  • Increase liquids. Drink at least two quarts a day.
  • Don’t smoke. Smoking will only make your sore throat and cough worse.
  • Use a vaporizer or humidifier to increase humidity and reduce irritation to your nose and throat. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning your equipment.
  • Dress for the weather.

For a Sore Throat

• Gargle with salt water every 6-8 hours (use 1/2 tsp. salt in a glass of warm water). If your throat is still sore after 48 hours, stop the salt-water gargles and call your health care provider.
  • Don't gargle with prepared mouthwashes. They may be irritating or drying.
  • Slowly suck on hard candies between gargles to help soothe and moisten your sore throat.
  • If you're hoarse, try to limit talking and avoid talking over background noise and shouting.
  • Take aspirin (or acetaminophen) according to the directions on the bottle.
  • If these measures aren’t helpful, use an antiseptic-anesthetic spray, such as Chloraseptic® throat spray.

For a Cough

A cough is the body’s way of removing foreign material. If your cough is keeping you awake or causing you pain, you can use a cough syrup. The best cough syrups are the simple ones with guaifenesin and dextromethorphan. Avoid those that contain several ingredients. Your doctor, nurse or pharmacist can tell you which cough syrups these are.

For Nasal, Sinus or Ear Congestion

Cold tablets. Your best source of relief from stuffiness is to use a decongestant, such as pseudoephedrine (Sudafed®) or a nasal spray. Pseudoephedrine can be bought without a prescription. Do not drive after taking cold medicines until you are sure that no side effects will occur. For instance, some medicines may make you drowsy or jittery. If you have high blood pressure, be sure to check with your doctor or nurse about a medicine before you buy it.

Many cold tablets contain an antihistamine, which does not decongest your nose and may delay healing by drying secretions too much. Tablets with many ingredients often contain such low dosages of drugs that they are not helpful.

Nose drops and sprays (e.g. Afrin® or Oxymetazoline®, Neosynephrine®, Dristan®) are designed to shrink swollen membranes. But, if they are used for more than 3 days, there is a good chance that they may increase irritation and swelling.

For Fever, Body Aches, Headache

Aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen will give you some relief from these symptoms.

What to Do for a Cold, Health Facts For You, UW Health, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison

Living in harmony with reality.