Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Discussion / Current Events
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 PM
DallasApple Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Depends Upon My Mood..
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1503
DallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgery
DallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed41 View Post
Yes, I have told my daughter to note plates. I Took a little tour this morning around a few churches to see about a couple of vans and an SUV. No luck yet, and the principle refuses to let me know what church they spoke too. Very frustrating.
There are LOTS of vans and SuV's I drive an SUV and Im not luring children into my car..Get a plate # and CALL the police..Driving around church parking lots isnt how to handle it.Get a plate # and call the police.REPORT that a stranger with this plate # tried to lure my minor child into their vehicle.If you are talking about 6th and 7th graders they are perfectly capable of nothing a liscnece plate# if you scare them bad enough and drill it in their head how important it is..That is what I would do.

Love

Dallas

Last edited by DallasApple; 05-01-2009 at 01:38 PM..
Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
themadhair Offline
Religion: None
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 224
themadhair eats frubals for breakfastthemadhair eats frubals for breakfastthemadhair eats frubals for breakfastthemadhair eats frubals for breakfastthemadhair eats frubals for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Keep bugging the principal. Eventually he will have to give you a name.
^ This. And after he coughs up a name I recommend trolling the living <profanity removed because it annoys the mods> out of them for doing this.
”While one can make a belief sufficiently vague and ephemeral and supernatural to place it beyond scrutiny and contestation, one rarely ever succeeds in placing the barrier of vagueness to stifle it being a pretext for the unjustifiable.“ – Precepts, First book of Zacarianism
Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Wandered Off Offline
Religion: generally a bad idea
Title:Sporadic Driveby Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1677
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger

Might be worth contacting a local TV station to see if they'll do some investigative reporting.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Nowhere Man Offline
Religion: Screaming Monkey Tradi
Title:Bompu Zen Man.

Frubals: 497
Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'Nowhere Man wants to start a magazine called 'Fruballing Today'

As Dallas suggests. the local police or sheriff should be notified as well as the local news agency of whats going on. It's not so much the proselytizing as to the invitations from presumably strange adults who invite children into their van raises a serious red flag in the safety dept. It's a terrible lack of common sense and judgement on the churches part as to their methodology. -NM-

Quote:
"It's not the bullet that kills you........ It's the hole". -Laurie Anderson -
Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
DallasApple Offline
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

DallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgeryDallasApple denies persistent rumors of frubal enhancement surgery

Quote:
It's not so much the proselytizing as to the invitations from presumably strange adults who invite children into their van raises a serious red flag in the safety dept.
Exactly...I dont care who it is..

Love

Dallas
Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM
tumbleweed41 Offline
Religion: Agnostic Deist/UU
Title:Resident Liberal Hippie
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Excellent work, fair, level-headedness Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Gary! 

Frubals: 1327
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasApple View Post
There are LOTS of vans and SuV's I drive an SUV and Im not luring children into my car..Get a plate # and CALL the police..Driving around church parking lots isnt how to handle it.Get a plate # and call the police.REPORT that a stranger with this plate # tried to lure my minor child into their vehicle.If you are talking about 6th and 7th graders they are perfectly capable of nothing a liscnece plate# if you scare them bad enough and drill it in their head how important it is..That is what I would do.

Love

Dallas
I meant looking for the van that matches a description my daughter gave me. Just to identify the church. As noted in the letter, the police are already involved. And my daughter has a notepad in her pocket today strictly for the plate numbers.

Living in harmony with reality.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 PM
DallasApple Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed41 View Post
I meant looking for the van that matches a description my daughter gave me. Just to identify the church. As noted in the letter, the police are already involved. And my daughter has a notepad in her pocket today strictly for the plate numbers.
O.K and what exactly are you going to do when you find the "matching van"?What are you going to do when "you " or "if" you identify the "church"?

Sounds like the school already knows...and I assume they have forwarded the info to the police..

What is your plan Stan?

Love

Dallas
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Watchmen Offline
Religion: An LDS Exception
Title:Rorschach

Frubals: 255
Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'

Use the media to put pressure on the school to reveal the church.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Watchmen Offline
Religion: An LDS Exception
Title:Rorschach

Frubals: 255
Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'Watchmen has this annoying habit of using a 'devil voice' when saying the word 'frubal'

Looks like the media is already on it:

Russell Middle School plagued by proselytizing church members | members, russell, church - Top Stories - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

KOAA.com - D11 students harassed, district says
Old 05-02-2009, 09:50 AM
tumbleweed41 Offline
Religion: Agnostic Deist/UU
Title:Resident Liberal Hippie
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Excellent work, fair, level-headedness Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Gary! 

Frubals: 1327
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'

Yep, I am sending all information that I and other parents get to the Colorado Springs Independent for a larger story on this church and it's activities. it's a weekly, but has a larger readership than our conservative daily (the Gazette)

Living in harmony with reality.