Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / General Discussion / Current Events
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Vinayaka Online!
Religion: Saiva Hindu
Title:devotee
Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: For being an excellent representative of your faith 

Frubals: 629
Vinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubalsVinayaka strives to become one with all frubals

There is bullying in the role models. Dad bullies Mom. Teachers bully kids or other teachers. Parents bully teachers. Principals bully teachers. Bosses bully employees. Coaches bully athletes. Doctors bully nurses. The list goes on. You become what you see, so we need to change what they see.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Assad91 Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Shi'ah Ali

Frubals: 156
Assad91 thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsAssad91 thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsAssad91 thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsAssad91 thinks of frubals as mere sex objects

There are thousands of reasone to be targeted, racism could be one. What are the demographics of Darby? If it happen in Northeast, you tbink itd be more likely racism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Neigeden d'antan View Post
All I'm saying that given the demographics of Philadelphia, it's possible he was targeted for his race. It certainly would have been a consideration if a 12 year old black student was beaten up by a bunch of white kids, and in fact, it would be called far more than "bullying".

In fact, Asian-Americans in Philadelphia have been subject to racially motivated attacks, already, so if Whites are also a relative minority, it's not impossible for the same to happen to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXI0_TypHmI

South Philadelphia High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

لبيك يا حسين
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Musty Offline
Religion: Secular Buddhism
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 33
Musty has a pet name for each frubal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
Bullied Boy Dies in Hospital: Family | NBC 10 Philadelphia

What fascinates me is that the 2 killers were suspended for 2 days for murder. This was exactly the same punishment imposed upon
the kid who had a Pop Tart which a teacher said was shaped like a gun. Even though these things happened in different jurisdictions,
it fits a larger pattern of inadequate attention given to real violence & carnage compared to over-reaction to insignificant offenses.
Security theatrics drains resources which could be better used elsewhere.
The saying that children get away with murder is not far from the truth. Children routinely behave in ways that if an adult did the same they could expect to lose their job and even go to jail.

Children just seem to be largely left to their own devices.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Dark Lord Of Bacon
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason: For 40 x 1,000 posts. Or 4 times 10,000 posts, or. . . anyway you slice it, that's a lot of posts!! Congrats Rev!! 

Frubals: 2668
Revoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacle
Revoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacle

A related news item.....
Former Florida A&M band members face stiffer charges for hazing death - U.S. News
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1647
dawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaning
dawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
While reading that I assumed that there were two different fights
All that I've read thus far, is that the kid was involved in a fight and suffered a concussion and broken nose.

He was treated for seizures about two weeks later and the situation is under investigation. There has to be evidence that the seizures were directly linked to the fight before the bullies can be pursued.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Religion: Undecided
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 13
Le Neigeden d'antan will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawny0826 View Post
All that I've read thus far, is that the kid was involved in a fight and suffered a concussion and broken nose.

He was treated for seizures about two weeks later and the situation is under investigation. There has to be evidence that the seizures were directly linked to the fight before the bullies can be pursued.
That's true, but when I was going to high school if you got into a fight, even if you didn't seriously injure the other person, it was an automatic one-week suspension, more depending on the circumstances. Then again my school was pretty sensitive about certain things.

I remember a couple of kids getting suspended for three days because they were throwing dodgeballs at the fat guy during a dodgeball game IN GYM CLASS, merely on the grounds that the person who got hit was "made to feel bad".

Two days for causing serious injuries is not sending the right message to the kids who do these kinds of thing.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 AM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1647
dawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaning
dawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaningdawny0826 believes that the lives of afrubalists probably lack meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Neigeden d'antan View Post
That's true, but when I was going to high school if you got into a fight, even if you didn't seriously injure the other person, it was an automatic one-week suspension, more depending on the circumstances. Then again my school was pretty sensitive about certain things.

I remember a couple of kids getting suspended for three days because they were throwing dodgeballs at the fat guy during a dodgeball game IN GYM CLASS, merely on the grounds that the person who got hit was "made to feel bad".

Two days for causing serious injuries is not sending the right message to the kids who do these kinds of thing.
I don't disagree with you. And I would think that while under investigation, these kids would be kept out of school for their protection as well.