Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Comparative Religion
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 03:17 PM
.lava Offline
Religion: haneef religion=ISLAM
Title:Moderator Emeritus
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1171
.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals
.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post

6. Lakum deenukum waliya deeni
6. To you be your Way,
And to me mine.
-Surah 109 Yusuf Ali translation

I also love the Al-Fatihah prayer.
i like it very much

Lakum deenukum waliya deen

and is gained by a hundred means of persuasion.
RUMI
Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Religion: Pagan-Christian-Dharma
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 40
Many Sages One Truth has much to be proud of

"He is Allah the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might, the Wise." (Qur'an: 59:24)

"Say: ‘Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman (Brahman?): by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names.‘" (Qur'an: 17:110)
Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Bob Dixon Offline
Religion: Christian, non-dual
Title:Not sure if Gnostic...

Frubals: 136
Bob Dixon is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.Bob Dixon is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.Bob Dixon is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Sages One Truth View Post

"Say: ‘Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman (Brahman?): by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names.‘" (Qur'an: 17:110)
Not quite, haha!
"Rahman" is a word that's there because of a faulty translation; it only means "merciful" in Arabic. I don't know why that's there. Just like why the translator would choose "Allah" instead of "God". It bugs me when a foreign word is used in a place where there is a clear translation.
The passage should read, "Say: 'Call upon God or call upon The Merciful, by whatever name you call upon Him, (it is well) for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names.'"
Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
abdulbasith Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 12
abdulbasith will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Sages One Truth View Post
"He is Allah the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might, the Wise." (Qur'an: 59:24)

Allah has got 99 names, Ar-Rahman is one of them which mean "The Compassionate, The Beneficent"
Old 08-13-2011, 04:27 PM
abdulbasith Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 12
abdulbasith will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dixon View Post
Not quite, haha!
"Rahman" is a word that's there because of a faulty translation; it only means "merciful" in Arabic. I don't know why that's there. Just like why the translator would choose "Allah" instead of "God". It bugs me when a foreign word is used in a place where there is a clear translation.
The passage should read, "Say: 'Call upon God or call upon The Merciful, by whatever name you call upon Him, (it is well) for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names.'"

I think "The Merciful" is actually "Ar-Raheem" which is different from "Ar-Rahman", I think you've mixed them...or have I?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Bob Dixon Offline
Religion: Christian, non-dual
Title:Not sure if Gnostic...

Frubals: 136
Bob Dixon is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.Bob Dixon is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.Bob Dixon is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulbasith View Post
I think "The Merciful" is actually "Ar-Raheem" which is different from "Ar-Rahman", I think you've mixed them...or have I?
Ah, perhaps I should've said "Compassionate/Gracious/Benificent".
They both mean a similar thing, though. I just think of the whole "In the name of God, the Compassionate/Gracious/Benificent, the Merciful".
Old 08-13-2011, 11:28 PM
sadiq Offline
Religion: Orthodox Judaism
Title:Spain, Morocco, Jerusalem

Frubals: 25
sadiq is the leader of a covert group of mutant frubals

Rahman is merciful in hebrew.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:07 AM
nameless Offline
Title:The Creator

Frubals: 183
nameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handlenameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handlenameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handlenameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handle

Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise. (004:056 Yusufali )

Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
(Surah az-Zumar 39:53)
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there won't be any thieves."
"
- Lao-tzu
Old 08-15-2011, 05:31 AM
Landerage Offline
Religion: Muslim
Title:Araknor

Frubals: 18
Landerage gives frubals to the homeless

78:1 About what are they asking one another?
78:2 About the great news -
78:3 That over which they are in disagreement.
78:4 No! They are going to know.
78:5 Then, no! They are going to know.
78:6 Have We not made the earth a resting place?
I really love the repetition in verses 3 and 4
also i like
80:17 Cursed is man; how disbelieving is he
80:18 From what substance did He create him?
80:19 From a sperm-drop He created him and destined for him
thank you for this lovely thread
Old 08-15-2011, 06:06 AM
heretic Offline
Religion: Ask,Seek,Knock
Title:Heretic Knight

Frubals: 23
heretic invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy
Default The Light

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things."

it's beautiful