Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Comparative Religion
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Twig pentagram Offline
Religion: Knowledge Of Self
Title:High Priest

Frubals: 104
Twig pentagram added a shed out back to store more frubalsTwig pentagram added a shed out back to store more frubalsTwig pentagram added a shed out back to store more frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-10ths_Penguin View Post
The church is for the religious. "Atheist" does not necessarily equal "non-religious".
I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've never heard of an atheist christian.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM
9-10ths_Penguin Offline
Religion: Hug Universalist
Title:1/10 البطريق
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 30,000 Posts SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 

Frubals: 3092
9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark
9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig pentagram View Post
I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've never heard of an atheist christian.
Well, "church" doesn't necessarily imply "Chrisitian", but regardless... now you have heard of some of them:

Nontheist Friends: Quaker atheists, agnostics, humanists, and others who practice Quakerism without supernatural beliefs
Old 12-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Meow Mix Offline
Religion: Secular Humanism
Title:Sassypants Kitty
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 761
Meow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstick

Quakers seem pretty neat.

I don't get the desire to be so conservative with appearance though. Plus, I'm riddled with tattoos.

Warming themselves by the ashes and the embers of martyrs, martyrs that they never understood

They will be lost.
Buried in the sands of time,
Relics disgraced from an era forgotten.
Far too consumed by the allure of wealth to be concerned for the backs on which they stood

The weak and broken, the castaways out in the cold
They will be left abandoned by those who claim to care

Those who stand proudly on the wrong side of history:
Mark my words -- your time will come.

The heartless will be the sick and the dying
Left with nowhere to turn

I hope I have the strength to help them in their time of need,
To forgive them, though I know they never would have done the same."

(Misery Signals, "Lost Relics")
Old 12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
fschmidt Offline
Religion: Karaite
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 10
fschmidt says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

Given the suggestions of Quaker and Baha'i, I think I need to clarify what I am looking for. My views are not politically correct to the mainstream and I am not posting them to start a debate, just to clarify what I am looking for.

Women who dress provocatively are showing worst inconsideration of men. They are selfishly feeding their ego at men's expense. Not only do they cause discomfort to men, but they cause men to lower their own morals because men will naturally pursue women when provoked and will go into an immoral mode to do this. Men's behavior is entirely different in a men-only environment versus when women are present, and the best moral behavior of men comes out only when women are not present.

Women, by nature, do not understand this and do not want to understand this. So giving women the power to vote over men is a recipe for disaster. I am for equality, but by this I mean separate equality. Women should rule/preach to women, never to men. And ideally men should only rule other men. The sexes should be kept separate outside the family as much as possible in order to promote general morality. And by this, I don't just mean sexual morality, I mean don't steal and don't kill. There is no doubt in my mind that the theft of the public treasury by the bankers of the western world is a direct result of feminism.

I think from this, you can see why I prefer Orthodox Judaism, Islam, and Mormonism to Quaker and Baha'i. I am not here to debate my views, but if anyone can suggest religions that would be appropriate for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
9-10ths_Penguin Offline
Religion: Hug Universalist
Title:1/10 البطريق
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 30,000 Posts SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 

Frubals: 3092
9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark
9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark9-10ths_Penguin is relieved frubals were on the ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fschmidt View Post
I think from this, you can see why I prefer Orthodox Judaism, Islam, and Mormonism to Quaker and Baha'i. I am not here to debate my views, but if anyone can suggest religions that would be appropriate for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Ah... hmm. In that case, I agree with Auto and others: I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for. I've never heard of any group like that who would be accepting of atheists.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Autodidact Offline
Religion: atheist
Title:Intentionally Blank
Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1582
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy

Quote:
Given the suggestions of Quaker and Baha'i, I think I need to clarify what I am looking for. My views are not politically correct to the mainstream and I am not posting them to start a debate, just to clarify what I am looking for.

Women who dress provocatively are showing worst inconsideration of men. They are selfishly feeding their ego at men's expense. Not only do they cause discomfort to men, but they cause men to lower their own morals because men will naturally pursue women when provoked and will go into an immoral mode to do this. Men's behavior is entirely different in a men-only environment versus when women are present, and the best moral behavior of men comes out only when women are not present.

Women, by nature, do not understand this and do not want to understand this. So giving women the power to vote over men is a recipe for disaster. I am for equality, but by this I mean separate equality. Women should rule/preach to women, never to men. And ideally men should only rule other men. The sexes should be kept separate outside the family as much as possible in order to promote general morality. And by this, I don't just mean sexual morality, I mean don't steal and don't kill. There is no doubt in my mind that the theft of the public treasury by the bankers of the western world is a direct result of feminism.

Just goes to show there's all kinds of atheists in the world, including sexist ones who don't take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM
dust1n Offline
Religion: Post-Anarchism
Title:Zindīq
Shield of The Renaissance Man: Awarded to a real polymath, a person with many talents or interests who contributes greatly to a wide range of discussions and debates - Issue reason: Your contributions to various topics over the years. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 10,000 Posts 

Frubals: 1854
dust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubals
dust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsdust1n almost passed out from the smell of stale frubals

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that the theft of the public treasury by the bankers of the western world is a direct result of feminism.
Can you elaborate on this?

The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking.- Martin Heidegger
Old 12-16-2010, 02:20 PM
fschmidt Offline
Religion: Karaite
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 10
fschmidt says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust1n View Post
Can you elaborate on this?
Sure, but not to debate, but only to explain. Civilization is basically formed by the men of a tribe. It depends on the ability of men to cooperate for their mutual benefit and this in turn depends on trust. The men of the tribe must feel that they will all benefit from this cooperation, which means that there can't be gross inequality of any kind. Successful cultures either had benevolent rulers or shared power among men. One of the basic guarantees of equality is monogamy, because this guarantees that each man will get one woman. The greatest inequality in access to women comes from promiscuity. With promiscuity, a few men are the winners and most men are losers (even if they won't admit it). In such an environment, there is no reason for men to cooperate. In fact, they will all stab each other in the back in pursuit of women. And this is exactly what you see in America today. In this environment, every man grabs all that he can without consideration for others because cooperation is pointless. And this is the basis of the lack of morality among bankers and the lack of moral outrage by the public.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:08 PM
tumbleweed41 Offline
Religion: Agnostic Deist/UU
Title:Resident Liberal Hippie
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Excellent work, fair, level-headedness Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Gary! 

Frubals: 1327
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'tumbleweed41 yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'

Wow, an atheist ultra-conservative fundamentalist.

Your best bet is to join a Southern Baptist church and hide your atheism..

Living in harmony with reality.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
The_Evelyonian Offline
Religion: None (Atheist)
Title:Sporadic Moderator

Frubals: 227
The_Evelyonian glares at people who slurp their frubalsThe_Evelyonian glares at people who slurp their frubalsThe_Evelyonian glares at people who slurp their frubalsThe_Evelyonian glares at people who slurp their frubalsThe_Evelyonian glares at people who slurp their frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed41 View Post
Wow, an atheist ultra-conservative fundamentalist.

Your best bet is to join a Southern Baptist church and hide your atheism..
Independent Baptists might be closer to his speed.