Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Abrahamic Religions DIR / Christianity DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Squirt Offline
Religion: LDS Christian
Title:Senior Member

Frubals: 171
Squirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeSquirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeSquirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeSquirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every time
Default What is the difference between a dream and a vision?

Is it just a matter of whether you're awake or asleep? If God wanted to tell you something, could He do so in either a dream or a vision, or would you not be able to rely on something you were shown in a dream?
Old 02-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Terrywoodenpic Online!
Religion: Anglican-heretic
Title:Oldest Heretic
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.  Congrats. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 1166
Terrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals
Terrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals

Neither in them selves are convincing, when it comes as a message from God.
The problem is not, do you believe the message,
but does anyone else?
Even when more than one person has witnessed a vision, no one has believed them.

God speaks to us in many ways, usually as a result of prayer.
If it is important for every one,
you won't be the only one to get the message,
I am sure that is how new religious ideas come about.

Terry__________________
Blessed are the pure of heart, they shall behold their God.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:44 PM
dawny0826 Offline
Title:Theist
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 1726
dawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers
dawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt
Is it just a matter of whether you're awake or asleep? If God wanted to tell you something, could He do so in either a dream or a vision, or would you not be able to rely on something you were shown in a dream?
I don't think there's much difference between a dream and a vision. I think dreams are visions...within our minds. The question is...how relevant are our dreams or visions?

I have relied on certain things that I've "seen" in dreams and/or visions. But only after given spritual confirmation that what I'm seeing is truly valid.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Aqualung Offline
Title:Tasty

Frubals: 633
Aqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliens

Dreams are random impulses of brain electricity that the mind brings together into a "movie" to deal with them. A vision is from god.

Absurd Minds gaming community
Old 02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Squirt Offline

Squirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeSquirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeSquirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeSquirt falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawny0826
I have relied on certain things that I've "seen" in dreams and/or visions. But only after given spritual confirmation that what I'm seeing is truly valid.
I suspect you've hit the nail on the head.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Squirt Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung
Dreams are random impulses of brain electricity that the mind brings together into a "movie" to deal with them. A vision is from god.
But can you have a vision when you're asleep? I guess that's what I was asking.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:46 PM
dawny0826 Offline
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the tolerance award, and it's well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 amazing posts! 

dawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlersdawny0826 loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers

Quote:
I would say...yes. In the Bible, Joseph, for example, received visions in the form of dreams.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Squirt Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawny0826
I would say...yes. In the Bible, Joseph, for example, received visions in the form of dreams.
Let's say you saw someone in a vision... would what you saw be real? Or would it just be in your imagination?
Old 02-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Aqualung Offline
Title:Tasty

Frubals: 633
Aqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliens

Quote:
Ah, so you're not asking what the difference is, you're asking how I tell what hte difference is. I don't know. I've never had a vision. I think maybe you don't feel alseep. Like when you're just dreaming you know (well, at least I do) that I"m really asleep. I think in a vision you probably wouldn't.

Absurd Minds gaming community
Old 02-19-2006, 05:11 PM
dawny0826 Offline

Quote:
Let's say you saw someone in a vision... would what you saw be real? Or would it just be in your imagination?
If I saw someone in a vision or dream that was real enough for me to mull over...I'd pray extensively on it...let the Holy Spirit confirm (or not) the validity of what I was seeing.

If I received a God given vision or dream...I don't doubt at all that some sort of spiritual confirmation would follow.