Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Abrahamic Religions DIR / Christianity DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM
IAMDONE Offline
Religion: Pantheism
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 14
IAMDONE will work for frubals
Unhappy Must be reborn of water and of spirit"...

Does the bible say anything about "You must say that you believe in me and that I died for your sins and you must ask for forgiveness and say that you ask me into your heart"?

Because I thought it said "your spirit must be reborn"...
Old 07-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Mister Emu Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Emu Extraordinaire
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 718
Mister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no commentsMister Emu has an irrational fear of being chased by zombie frubals with no comments

It says whoever believes in Jesus will have everlasting life(John 3:16), it says several times to repent for the remission of sins...

I'll go more in depth tomorrow...
Old 07-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Nerthus Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:Smile!

Frubals: 73
Nerthus is a Frubal WhoreNerthus is a Frubal Whore

God does ask you to confess your sins, and Jesus began to preach this, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." (Matthew 4:17).

Revelation chapter 3; Jesus says He is knocking and if people hear and let Him in, He will enter. He also says He will grant them to sit with Him and the Father in His throne.

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in'
Old 12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
IAMDONE Offline
Religion: Pantheism

Frubals: 14
IAMDONE will work for frubals
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerthus View Post
God does ask you to confess your sins, and Jesus began to preach this, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." (Matthew 4:17).

Revelation chapter 3; Jesus says He is knocking and if people hear and let Him in, He will enter. He also says He will grant them to sit with Him and the Father in His throne.

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in'
Repent

v.intr. 1. To feel remorse, contrition, or self-reproach for what one has done or failed to do; be contrite.
2. To feel such regret for past conduct as to change one's mind regarding it: repented of intemperate behavior.
3. To make a change for the better as a result of remorse or contrition for one's sins.

v.tr. 1. To feel regret or self-reproach for: repent one's sins.
2. To cause to feel remorse or regret.

Funny eh?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
TyAlexanderH Offline

Frubals: 10
TyAlexanderH says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDONE View Post
Does the bible say anything about "You must say that you believe in me and that I died for your sins and you must ask for forgiveness and say that you ask me into your heart"?

The Bible does say we need to confess (acknowledge) our belief in Jesus to others. It is related to being reborn because the moment we do that is when the rebirth takes place. See the evidence in my documentary video:*edit* There are many points of knowledge you need to see the full picture.

Last edited by Quagmire; 11-13-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 AM
ZooGirl02 Offline
Religion: Roman Catholic
Title:100% orthodox Catholic

Frubals: 80
ZooGirl02 hates having to clean up after all these frubalsZooGirl02 hates having to clean up after all these frubals

I believe that we must believe in God and we must obey His commands. I believe that when the Bible says that we must be reborn of water and of spirit that it is saying that we must be baptized.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 AM
TyAlexanderH Offline

Frubals: 10
TyAlexanderH says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

ZooGirl, the only thing that matters when trying to understand Scripture and God's Word is that it is God's meaning that counts, nothing else. When Jesus was saying we MUST be reborn of water and Spirit to enter His Kingdom, He was speaking of our spirits being reborn at the moment we are truly saved into His Kingdom, which happens only after we confess our belief in Jesus to another person. You have to understand all the details... *edit* for a graphic easy to understand depiction of what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooGirl02 View Post
I believe that we must believe in God and we must obey His commands. I believe that when the Bible says that we must be reborn of water and of spirit that it is saying that we must be baptized.

Last edited by Quagmire; 11-13-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Me Myself Offline
Religion: what?
Title:Back to my username
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 924
Me Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares up

Quote:

I am not sure I follow your point.

That may be an esoteric teaching that most of us dont know the real meaning yet.

A lot will tell you it means baptism I guess.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:56 AM
Shiranui117 Offline
Religion: Eastern Orthodox
Title:Inquirer so far...

Frubals: 239
Shiranui117 likes to be fruballed from behindShiranui117 likes to be fruballed from behindShiranui117 likes to be fruballed from behindShiranui117 likes to be fruballed from behindShiranui117 likes to be fruballed from behind

Quote:
Yes, it does--but it also says that we need to follow the commands given us by Christ. It's not just saying and paying lip service, but living as a Christian.

Quote:
It's actually "You must be reborn," not "your spirit." Our entire person--body and soul--must be reborn and redeemed. John 3 was indeed talking about water baptism.

But what happens when we are baptized? We receive the Holy Spirit, we are cleansed of our sins and we truly set out on the way of repentance and theosis,or becoming more and more like God.

Repentance isn't just "feeling sorry" for your sins. The word "repentance" comes from the Greek "metanoia," which means "a change of mind" or "a change of heart." It means to make a fundamental change in ourselves and what we're doing, to break old patterns, thoughts and behaviors and turn toward something new--the Way that God has set out for us. Is remorse for one's sins a part of repentance? Yes. But that's only the beginning.

Disclaimer: Stupidity on my part shouldn't be taken as stupidity on the part of the religion I try to represent.

Currently on vacation. Replies will be very slow!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Oak of Justice Offline

Frubals: 11
Oak of Justice will work for frubals

Quote:

The son of man says;

Truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit.

Not everyone who cries Lord ,Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father.

I came down from heaven to do His will not my own.

The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their father.

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.

No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and whoever the sons wishes reveal Him.