Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Arts
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Caladan Offline
Religion: Spice-hooked Fremen
Title:Agnostic Pantheist
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: For your excellent knowledge Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Dan! 

Frubals: 1967
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Default Color Photography from Russia in the Early 1900s

Quote:
The photographs of Russian chemist and photographer, Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii, show Russia on the eve of World War I and the coming of the revolution. From 1909-1912 and again in 1915, Prokudin-Gorskii travelled across the Russian Empire, documenting life, landscapes and the work of Russain people. His images were to be a photographic survey of the time. He travelled in a special train car transformed into a dark room to process his special process of creating color images, a technology that was in its infancy in the early 1900s. Prokudin-Gorskii left Russia in 1918, after the Russian Revolution had destroyed the Empire he spent years documenting. To learn more about the Prokudin-Gorskii, the process he used to create the color photographs, and see his collection, you can visit the Library of Congress, who purchased his glass negatives in 1948 after his death in 1944.
Link to photos: Captured Photo Collection Color Photography from Russia in the Early 1900’s Photos
Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Willamena Offline
Religion: Just Me
Title:Just be there, doing that
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This creative thread award is given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat system Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions over the years. Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Patty!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of the Enigma: For being absolutely puzzling and mysterious to all your peers. - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3187
Willamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patch
Willamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patch

They are all marvelous photos, but I was captured by this one:

If you note the sky, you can see stars. It must have been a time-lapsed image in the early morning hours.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Caladan Offline
Religion: Spice-hooked Fremen
Title:Agnostic Pantheist
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: For your excellent knowledge Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Dan! 

Frubals: 1967
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time
Caladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a timeCaladan keeps a stiff upper lip, a stiff wig, and gets through the day one frubal at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamena View Post
They are all marvelous photos
It does give me a new appreciation of modern history, the people, objects and scenery are not detached by black and white imagery.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Nepenthe Offline
Religion: None-Strong Atheist
Title:Tu Stultus Es
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1196
Nepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosion
Nepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosionNepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosionNepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosionNepenthe used to think frubals by candlelight were romantic, but that was before being blinded by the explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladan View Post
It does give me a new appreciation of modern history, the people, objects and scenery are not detached by black and white imagery.
This photo is my favorite. The girl's purple dress is mesmerizing.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Adso Offline
Religion: christian (non-denom.)
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 19
Adso gives frubals to the homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamena View Post
They are all marvelous photos, but I was captured by this one:

If you note the sky, you can see stars. It must have been a time-lapsed image in the early morning hours.
I think those are scratches on the original plate... Still a great photo though!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Sunstone Offline
Religion: Nature
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Frubals: 7272
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

I love these photos Dan! Thanks!

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Metalic Wings Offline
Religion: Not-Quite-Catholic
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 41
Metalic Wings has much to be proud of

These are wonderful! I really liked the ones of buildings--architecture never ceases to amaze me.
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 PM
zenzero Offline
Religion: do things religiously
Title:Its only a Label
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Zen! 

Frubals: 1322
zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'

Friend Caladan,

Lovely pictures!

Love & rgds