Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Indigenous Religions and Mythologies DIR / African religions DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Rainbow Mage Offline
Religion: Agn. Atheist/Buddhist
Title:Dharma Learner
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats! 

Frubals: 788
Rainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubals

Remember any form of African indegionous religion that still exists would be very much a shadow of it's former self. Africa has had it's culture and land raped twice by Christians and then Muslims. And it's very much a crime in some parts of Africa to practice the folk religions.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Rainbow Mage Offline
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats! 

Rainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubals

We'd like to bring a Kemetic revival to Egypt or at least get some house members there, but the government won't allow it. There are some people there who would want to. They may even would accept that Rev. Tamara Siuda is the Nisut of their people.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Cypress Offline
Religion: Jai Shiva-Devi
Title:Dragon Mom

Frubals: 371
Cypress forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedCypress forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedCypress forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedCypress forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedCypress forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedCypress forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

I would really like to know more about Kemetic religion.
Do goddesses play an important part in it (Isis)?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Rainbow Mage Offline

Yes, Aset (Isis) plays a big role in the Kemetic religion, as does all other names of Netjer (gods). If you want to know more about it.

www.kemet.org

www.netjer.org

www.tawyhouse.org

www.dailykemet.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Rainbow Mage Offline

I myself am a son of Sekhmet-Mut, and so I'm devoted to her
Old 04-07-2011, 11:11 AM
simonremi Offline
Religion: Traditional African
Title:African Spiritualist

Frubals: 14
simonremi will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian Phoenix View Post
Remember any form of African indegionous religion that still exists would be very much a shadow of it's former self. Africa has had it's culture and land raped twice by Christians and then Muslims. And it's very much a crime in some parts of Africa to practice the folk religions.
There are many unbroken African religious traditions all over, although especially in central Africa. African countries were exploited, but African traditional religion certainly didn't go into a decline or undergo huge modifications like was seen in the African diaspora and the development of traditions like Haitian Vodou, Obeah, etc.

It is also worth noting that African religion began to mix with Christianity before the slave trade and not only in the diaspora, but also in Africa itself. African kingdoms (example, in Benin) had begun to adopt and practice Christianity alongside African traditional religion, merging the two freely, before it became a necessity in the diaspora. So in a sense there are Christian practices that are very African in content and origin, with Jesus and the Saints already being associated with African spirituality in the continent.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
aiouinfo Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 10
aiouinfo says, ''Zay 'ello to my little frubalz!

nice sharing thank for
Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Philomath Offline
Title:Sadhaka

Frubals: 108
Philomath hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundPhilomath hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundPhilomath hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around

Quote:
when they have not converted to Islam or Christianity?
I have as good as no information about native African religions and would seriously like to know more.
As an African person myself I wish I could tell you but I don't know. Everything from my experience of African religion/spirituality has involved the Abrahamic religions.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Breathe Offline
Title:Taking a break, again.
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your exceptional and original contributions to the forum Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts!! Congrats Carl!! 

Frubals: 1630
Breathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on Earth
Breathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomath View Post
As an African person myself I wish I could tell you but I don't know. Everything from my experience of African religion/spirituality has involved the Abrahamic religions.
Have you looked through Wiki to see different African religions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serer_religion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odinani

Or looked at Voodoo and Vodou, Candomblé, and similar Afro-Americas religions?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Philomath Offline
Title:Sadhaka

Frubals: 108
Philomath hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundPhilomath hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundPhilomath hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odion View Post
Have you looked through Wiki to see different African religions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serer_religion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odinani

Or looked at Voodoo and Vodou, Candomblé, and similar Afro-Americas religions?
I've never looked into those religions you listed but I will now; thanks.