Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Abrahamic Religions DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Unes Offline
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 30
Unes has a pet name for each frubal
Default God and Reason

God and Reason

With the advent of the Uncertainty Principal and the Relativity Principals, and now newly found phenomena of Dark Matter, and Dark Energy, and also the existence of the singularity points, and favorable properties of the five known forces of the nature, and extremely precise and favorable values of the Universal Constants, and also many favorable structural properties of the atoms and the molecules, we do have serious problems understanding and grasping the functionality of this extremely fine-tuned Universe. Now, why do we think the Creator who has full control of every particle in this magnificent Universe should be easy to comprehend with this limited intelligence of ours!?

Since when we can dismiss a puzzle just because the puzzle does not make any sense to our intelligence at present time!? Is it possible that the puzzle might be beyond the limitation of our present logic and we can not digest its dynamics with our existing intelligence?

Most of our mystery novels are dealing with some puzzles which they seem impossible scenarios in the beginning, but they have very plausible answer at the end. Hoaxes are the other kind of puzzles which we logically resolve them by exposing their falsehood.

Holy Koran [38:75] He said, "O Satan, what prevented you from prostrating before what I created with My hands? Are you too arrogant? Have you rebelled?"

Oh, please give me a break! How long can we remain this Gullible!?
Maybe these kinds of Myths were sufficient for the primitive Man, but believing in this kind of myth is quite an embarrassment for an educated Man! Man was formed through evolutionary process, as Darwin discovered it precisely. Our new scientific achievements have enabled us to have a clearer view of this evolution. In this process every cell has a conscience of its environment. This conscience is patiently on the march to improve its understanding of its environment. Our individual conscience is just a building block toward advancing this process! Only at its latest stage this consciousness has started to sense the presence of the Creator. And it seems to me our conscience has been guided by our Creator for expanded recognition of this process! Only at this latest stage we have been blessed for such enlightenment. And please do not misunderstand me about the people who reject this assertion, every one of us are in this process altogether. However each one of us is empowered to play a different role! Our debates are one of the great sources for strengthening our logics.

In this view good and bad, angels and evils are the necessary components for advancing the consciousness. Sometimes we achieve our wisdom and enlightenments through pain, hostility, or adversity, and sometimes through pleasures, successes, or triumphs, and sometimes through the harsh acts of the nature, and sometimes through the evils of the evildoers, and sometimes through nurturing environments of the nature, and sometimes through the good deeds of the decent people. All these diverse experiences are necessary for advancing the consciousness. Without all these diverse experiences the consciousness will not be fully developed. All our primitive religions have played a major role in the development of our present consciousness. Those rich experiences of the past are the stepping stones in this process. A fully enriched consciousness empowers us to have a more accurate view of the glory of the Creator.

We do need all these diverse conflicting emotions until our intelligence reaches to the maturity point that we do not need these competing and conflicting stimuli any more. At that point the joy of discovering new horizons, or the burden of solving the life threatening environmental issues will be more powerful than the stimuli of these primitive and sometimes very destructive and savage behaviors. At that point we will feel the weight of the responsibly of the whole consciousness on our shoulders. And that responsibility will overshadow the petty grievances or the small gains and pleasures which motivate us these days.

May God Bless Us ALL
Unes

Last edited by Unes; 02-28-2009 at 05:25 AM..
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
ukMethodist Offline
Religion: Methodist
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 12
ukMethodist will work for frubals

Quote:
With the advent of the Uncertainty Principal and the Relativity Principals, and now newly found phenomena of Dark Matter, and Dark Energy, and also the existence of the singularity points, and favorable properties of the five known forces of the nature, and extremely precise and favorable values of the Universal Constants, and also many favorable structural properties of the atoms and the molecules, we do have serious problems understanding and grasping the functionality of this extremely fine-tuned Universe. Now, why do we think the Creator who has full control of every particle in this magnificent Universe should be easy to comprehend with this limited intelligence of ours!?
I've never read anything that throws all the scientific terms in one pot like this. You even know what they stand for? How can you put the universal constant in the same argument as the principals of the theory of relativity?
"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." (1 John 4:16)
Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Unes Offline

Default God and Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukMethodist
I've never read anything that throws all the scientific terms in one pot like this. You even know what they stand for? How can you put the universal constant in the same argument as the principals of the theory of relativity?
Hello ukMethodist,
My friend, yes I do know what these terms stand for and how they are applied in physics! In fact one of the postulates which the Special Theory of Relativity is founded on; is based on postulating the Speed of Light as a Universal Constant!

If you are really interested to acquire more knowledge on each of these terms there are many web sites explaining those terms very extensively. The reason that you have never seen these many scientific terms are put in one paragraph, because you have never been exposed to my argument! All these scientific discoveries happened though hard and long work of some devoted scientists, and we are enjoying the fruit of their discoveries. Every one of these scientific terms is pointing to some aspects of the complexity of our Universe. My argument is clearly pointing to these complexities. Of course ignoring this point might give you some cynical point of attack!

May God Bless Us ALL
Unes

Last edited by Unes; 03-04-2009 at 12:54 AM..
Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
ukMethodist Offline
Religion: Methodist
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 12
ukMethodist will work for frubals

Sorry, I mistook your use of the UC as the expression found the steady state theory, where it is commonly used to refer to in contrast with the theory of relativity.

I just didn't read the plural

The speed of light is postulated to be a UC, that is true.

Sorry, maybe it's because it's late after a loong working day, but what is your statement in the post above?

God bless
"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." (1 John 4:16)
Old 03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Unes Offline

Default God and Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukMethodist
Sorry, I mistook your use of the UC as the expression found the steady state theory, where it is commonly used to refer to in contrast with the theory of relativity.

I just didn't read the plural

The speed of light is postulated to be a UC, that is true.

Sorry, maybe it's because it's late after a loong working day, but what is your statement in the post above?

God bless
My friend ukMethodist, I am impressed by your candid remarks. Only a decent person with high integrity would submit to truth so readily!

May God Bless Us ALL
Unes

Last edited by Unes; 03-05-2009 at 02:45 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Unes Offline

Default God and Reason

The experiences of God's interactions with us are far more diverse and complicated than all the variety of feelings that we experience throughout our life. We get excited by falling in love or by discovering of the secrets of nature. We get inspired by the nature beauties or by a severe tragic event. We get enchanted by a nice musical tune. We feel ah by something like viewing an image from Hubble satellite. We feel horrible observing the atrocities of some evil minds. We get devastated by the natural disasters. And so on. All of these emotions and experiences in our minds create the capabilities to be able to sense the nuances of the God's interactions with us.

A young person could become consumed with love of God just by following a charismatic preacher. This devoted love happens because of the enormous trust that the young person has on the knowledge of the religion scholars and leaders. As the young followers grow up and they mature with their own reasoning, then some of those independent minds realize how inapt those religious leaders are, and they break away from those phony theologies with great disappointments. Later in their life some of those bright independent minds reflect by digisting the rich experiences of their own life and then they start sensing the puzzling interactions that God had with them throughout their life, and they were too busy to properly ponder about them and to recognize their significance. In lieu of not finding a suitable organization, they usually end up flocking to the old established religions. In this phase they usually are passive about the contradictions of their religions. Let us face it that is an easy and convenient way out to satisfy that craving need!

May God Bless Us All
Unes

Last edited by Unes; 05-01-2009 at 07:43 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Unes Offline

Default Our Reality

Our Reality

“I think, therefore I am!”

This is a profound statement from Rene Descartes which encapsulates the nature of our existence and our reality. But our emotions and our thoughts are very unstable, unreliable, and illusional. However this is the foundation of our reality, and our belief systems!

We live in a period in space-time. In this space-time period our environment feed us the raw material for our thoughts and our opinions. As far as we can say by our present school of thoughts, our thoughts are purely the product of our mind and nothing more. We know all our perceptions are the results of our perceived thoughts, and we can not escape from this puzzling dilemma. In other word anything beyond the scope of our thoughts, as far as we are concerned, is meaningless. As you see our thoughts are trapped within the domain of our thoughts, and there is no way out of this trap, this is like a black hole for our thoughts. Even our science which is based on some well tested axioms and experiments, does not exist outside of our thoughts. This is our thoughts which according to our own rational acknowledge and validate those scientific axioms and the result of those experiments, and there is nothing more in that process.

Now, if our reality is defined by our thoughts, then what happens if our thoughts are proven to be wrong or invalid!? What happens to our reality if our thoughts are engulfed with some wrong ideas!? If our entire thoughts are illusional then that puts the nature of our assumed reality in a very precarious situation! This assertion is not that imaginary or that far fetched, this illusional reality happens all the time, a vivid example of it, happened to the German people during the Nazi regime. German people’s reality was channeled to a deep hole of a very illusional nature. The illusions, or the reality, of those German people were much more real than a lot of our present illusions, and the proof for this statement lays in the fact that those Germans, at least during 1938 – 1940, considered Hitler as their hero and almost equal to Messiah! So our perception of reality is not isolated from our illusions. Since our thoughts are subject to the influences of our environment then that makes our reality is very fluent. Our “presumed notion of Reality” can not be happy, now that we realize it is based on such illusional foundations!

In a similar fashion these days we can observe other misconceptions that control the reality of many people, for example for long time we thought the earth was flat and the center of the Universe! We feel that we are stationary on the surface of this earth! Some people think that Jesus is equal to God and he is our savior! Some people think that Holy Koran is word of God! Some people think that Bahaullah was God, he was Jesus, he was Imam Hussein, and so on! We clearly can see that these thoughts have no merits either, and they are as illusional as those Nazi’s ideologies. Yet, these false ideas are occupying the thoughts of many people today.

As I mentioned before our reality is subject to the influences of our environment. So, naturally we can influence the reality of people around us, sometimes by a new discovery, sometimes by a financial opportunity, sometimes by music or poetry, sometimes by a new political ideology, sometimes by a new spiritual ideology, and so on. Realization of this fluency and flimsy nature of our reality guides us to be a little bit more sensitive and more receptive toward the other people’s ideology. And the puzzle and the solution lay in these amazing diversities! This realization may lead us to understand the nature of our own thought processes. I will explore this critical point on my next post. I think this will lead us to a mind altering discovery.

May God Bless Us ALL
Unes

Last edited by Unes; 05-13-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 AM
3.14 Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 4207839
3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!3.14 says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

should we stop exploring just because we might not understand the answers it holds?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Unes Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14
should we stop exploring just because we might not understand the answers it holds?
My friend 3.14,
I wonder where did I say that?
I did not indicate that our thoughts are static. We do expand our thoughts by explorations. Explorations expand our knowledge about our environment, and our environment alters our thoughts.

May God Bless Us ALL,
Unes

Last edited by Unes; 05-13-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Unes Offline

Default A Common Supernatural Phenomenon

A Common Supernatural Phenomenon

Since the publication of the “The Origin of Species” by Charles Darwin on November 24, 1859 the academic world immediately recognized the significance of this magnificent theory which totally discredited the Abrahamic Holy Books. Since then there have been numerous debates and discussions to resolve this two different views of Man’s history on this planet. There have been many attempts to discredit the validity of the “Theory of Evolution of Species”. But persistently all the research in the scientific fields have proven the validity of the “Theory of Evolution of Species” beyond any doubt.

Many religious fanatics allege that the “Theory of Evolution of Species” is just a theory and it is not a scientific fact. These illiterate fanatics are so dumb that they want to teach to the scientists about the scientific methodology! Actually, all credible scientists without any hesitation acknowledge that the “Theory of Evolution of Species” is a very Sound Scientific Theory. This is science at its best. Just a lunatic person would think otherwise. We all owe a great deal of gratitude to Charles Darwin for such a magnificent discovery. He was brilliant. His genius mind was one of a kind, which opened our eyes to appreciate God’s Creation to its fullest extend. Shame on the people who foolishly challenge such in-depth knowledge! They are a disgrace to human intelligence!

Here I need to apologize to the believers for using such an offensive language! I do understand the pain and resentment that such impression causes on the believers. But, what I said is the image of the believers in the circuits of the educated and the intellectuals. This is absolutely crucial that I emphasize the full frustration of the academic world about this odd behavior of the believers. However my apology at this point, it seems so confusing because in one hand I purposely used such offensive language and then I apologized for it! This flip flop sounds so weird! Soon you will see my rational for this strange assertion. Believers are revealing something about our existence that is even more fundamental than the “Theory of Evolution of Species”!

The “Theory of Evolution of Species” is a SCIENTIFIC theory that shows how Man has evolved from earlier life forms in the Tree of Life. This fact proves beyond any doubt the falsehood of the Creation of Man which is expressed in the Abrahamic Holy Books. So the following verses are simply false.

Holy Bible Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth.”1:27 God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.
2:7 The Lord God formed the man from the soil of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
2:21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was asleep, he took part of the man’s side and closed up the place with flesh. 2:22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the part he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 2:23 Then the man said, “This one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

Holy Koran [38:71] Your Lord said to the angels, "I am creating a human being from clay. [38:72] "Once I design him, and blow into him from My spirit, you shall fall prostrate before him." [38:73] The angels fell prostrate, all of them, [38:74] except Satan; he refused, and was too arrogant, unappreciative. [38:75] He said, "O Satan, what prevented you from prostrating before what I created with My hands? Are you too arrogant? Have you rebelled?"

In the debate for the history of man on this planet it is proven that the “The Origin of Species” is right and for sure the Abrahamic Holy Books are wrong. Of course this evidence is amongst many other evidences which discredit the claims of the Abrahamic Holy Books. Now, in light of such strong indisputable scientific evidence the question arises why still the believers so ignorantly follow their proven false religions? The answer to this question is extremely complex. In my quest to find a partial answer to this question, I like to focus only on the Educated Abrahamic Believers. These Educated Abrahamic Believers are at least well informed about the nature of the deficiencies of their belief system. Their formal educations and trainings have taught them about the structure of a sound logical argument, about the proper scientific methods, about the consistency and the beauty that science presents, about the fruits of the technologies that science has been generating, about the necessity of being honest and truthful when someone is searching for knowledge, and so on. With such educational background isn’t this odd that some of the educated believers are still dismissing science, so openly, in favor of some proven false theologies!? It seems it is easier for these educated believers to maintain their irrational faith, than just abandon their embarrassing faith and accept its falsehood. The educated believers absorb all the evidences regarding the falsehood of their faith, and they quietly continue practicing their faulty faiths.

( Continued onto the next post.)

May God Bless Us ALL,
Unes