• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your type

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What is your type in a relationship sense? And I don't mean just physical appearance, but also personality, interests, values, etc. Married people can answer too, of course. I'm curious to know what attracts you to someone and what makes you compatible.

As for me, my type is the intellectual. I like a person I can learn things from, who challenges me to think deeper and broader, who has a curious and open mind. I have a rather high IQ, but I don't think that makes me smarter than everyone else. In fact, I often meet people who are more knowledgeable or wiser than me in certain areas, despite often having lower IQs. That just shows me that IQ scoring isn't a perfect measurement of intelligence, but rather one that tests niche things, and a qualification or quantification that I'm beginning to reject as a form of pseudoknowledge (for the most part).

In terms of appearances, I'd also say that I have a thing for curly hair.

So, what about you? What is your type and why?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Honesty, intelligence, confidence, sense of humour, cleanliness, integrity. At least reasonably handsome, at least as tall (or close) to my height, not to hairy, nice eyes, nice smile, thinks I'm the best thing since fresh bread

Please form an orderly queue... ;-)

Why! I don't know that's what i like

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Honesty, intelligence, confidence, sense of humour, cleanliness, integrity. At least reasonably handsome, at least as tall (or close) to my height, not to hairy, nice eyes, nice smile, thinks I'm the best thing since fresh bread

Please form an orderly queue... ;-)

Why! I don't know that's what i like

I agree that the other person being crazy about one's self helps in considering dating applications, at times.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Physically, I like a baby face, long hair(the longer the better), and as skinny as a twig. Doesn't mean I wouldn't consider anything other than(I have), that's just my 'thing'.

It took me a long time to figure out what I liked personality-wise. It wasn't what I wanted to want. But I couldn't help noticing as the years went by that, for the most I did seem to gravitate to a certain type. Someone asked me if I was still looking for tall, dark and handsome, and I said "forget tall, dark, and handsome. Give me young, dumb, and clumsy."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I like artistic and "alternative" sort of people, who are into similar music and films as me and at least are okay with spirituality (goths, punk rockers, horror fans, darker eccentric sorts, etc).

Physically, I like dark hair and fair skin the most. It doesn't really matter, though. I've liked all sorts and been a variety of people, even ethnically.

Orbit

I'm a planet
What is your type in a relationship sense? And I don't mean just physical appearance, but also personality, interests, values, etc. Married people can answer too, of course. I'm curious to know what attracts you to someone and what makes you compatible.

As for me, my type is the intellectual. I like a person I can learn things from, who challenges me to think deeper and broader, who has a curious and open mind. I have a rather high IQ, but I don't think that makes me smarter than everyone else. In fact, I often meet people who are more knowledgeable or wiser than me in certain areas, despite often having lower IQs. That just shows me that IQ scoring isn't a perfect measurement of intelligence, but rather one that tests niche things, and a qualification or quantification that I'm beginning to reject as a form of pseudoknowledge (for the most part).

In terms of appearances, I'd also say that I have a thing for curly hair.

So, what about you? What is your type and why?
Married person here. I like 'em sweet and smart! I don't really care what someone looks like (within reason, like as long as they take showers lol) but for me an affectionate, caring, smart person is best. I judge "smart" by: they have common sense, reasoning ability, are are reasonably well-read or at least like to read.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Sweet personality, trustworthy, understanding, caring.

Physically? I'm not too picky, just attractive. That usually entails thinner and feminine, but bonus points if they're somewhat muscular, that means they're healthy and take care of themselves.