• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Are NOT One Person

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Tonight I had a mental spill. I started to feel lonely, and when I feel lonely, I get suicidal. However, I eventually isolated that loneliness, focused on it, and found the cure without needing to talk to anyone else to get it resolved.

Let me explain.

I firmly believe that while every person has one common homeostasis going on, no individual is just one person by themselves. The more I think about this, the more it seems to make sense. You can literally divide a person a half and see one eye, one nostril, one ear, one cranial hemisphere. And each human is composed of 23 pairs of chromosomes too.

And then there are the people who live with multiple identities, who actually live as different people at different times. Those who suffer from schizophrenia can hear voices that are supposed to come from outside their head. Yet, what I'm discussing does not have anything to do with mental disease or disorder.

Each and every person is composed of two people. Upon talking to my friend today, I realized how alone I've am, became lonely, but quickly realized after that I've been my own advocate. When my perception is of one person, I feel lonely, detached, isolated. When I separate my thoughts into two, my identity split in half, which one part is the voice inside my head talking while the other part is the one listening to those thoughts and offering feedback for those thoughts.

I don't feel lonely very often, if at all, really. I have learned and taught myself to give myself conversations, to debate with myself, to make acute observations around the world around me, and then to react to that very same stimuli. I love and cherish both parts of myself, it's part of my self-love and care that I give to myself. What I'm talking about is referred to many people as Jesus, God, or some other identity that fulfills a need or purpose in that person's life. I have rationally deduced that that other person I am talking to isn't a different person at all, but rather, left brain talking to right brain, and right brain talking to left brain.

I can go on the record now to say that I believe that isolating yourself into two equal parts is the cure for loneliness, depression and a bunch of other ailments people go through while they remain as one. When people live together it's easy to be just one person, but when you live alone you have to learn and adapt to teach yourself to self-reflect, give and receive self-communication, and teach yourself to be your own best friend.

When I practice self-love I ultimately realize and take care of myself better than any one else knows how to. I can help and heal my thoughts, my feelings and behavior very fast. The only real downside is that people sometimes act weird in front of me if they see me talking to myself in public. But I'm used to it by now.

It's impossible to love anyone if you cannot love yourself first. By dividing myself and my thoughts into two, and compartmentalizing them, I am always in a state of acute awareness of my surroundings, with acknowledgements of what I recently done and what I need to do next. When I am absorbed into one person, I feel dread, isolation, loneliness, and detached, but when I am two, I always have someone to talk to, something to reflect on my surroundings, as one is always doing the thing the other one isn't doing.

The same thing that is preventing me from making friends is the one thing that has helped me keep my sanity throughout all these years of living by myself. I talk to myself every day, with verbal commands and thoughts I give to myself.

As someone who suffers from bipolar, I've experienced mixed states where part of me would be manic while the other part of me would depressed, and when it reaches its height I often try committing suicide as a result. Thankfully, I survived the multiple suicide attempts I've had throughout the years, but it's been almost ten years since my latest suicide attempt, due to how I now handle negative feelings, and coping and learning to truly live by myself for extended periods of time.

No one person is just one person. There is always internal conflict, and that internal pressure is always there, dividing each cell in your body into two, over and over again, the old cells being replaced by new ones. You'll never be truly alone no matter how alone you are or feel that you are. The faster you come to this realization the better you'll feel about yourself and your situation, no matter how difficult things may seem now. It's even more apparent to me after realizing that most people do more than one thing at any one given point.

Remember that you are not just one person. You will always have yourself and each of every part of that to contend with at any given moment. Remember that. One part says go, the other part says stop, but whichever part of you is more dominant will ultimately tell you where to go next. :)

RestlessSoul

Well, in his time a man plays many parts, for sure. Indeed, he often plays several of them at the same time.

And we are all part of something far greater than ourselves; so anything that takes us out of self, and connects us to that greater reality, has to be helpful.

I talk to God quite often throughout the day; but that’s not so different from what you’re doing, for I believe God is within each of us, so in a way I am talking to a part of myself. Whatever works, man. But don’t forget there may be another human somewhere, who would appreciate a call from you; someone perhaps lonelier than you are, or sadder, or more afraid. So picking up the phone is often good.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Tonight I had a mental spill. I started to feel lonely, and when I feel lonely, I get suicidal. However, I eventually isolated that loneliness, focused on it, and found the cure without needing to talk to anyone else to get it resolved.

Let me explain.

I firmly believe that while every person has one common homeostasis going on, no individual is just one person by themselves. The more I think about this, the more it seems to make sense. You can literally divide a person a half and see one eye, one nostril, one ear, one cranial hemisphere. And each human is composed of 23 pairs of chromosomes too.

And then there are the people who live with multiple identities, who actually live as different people at different times. Those who suffer from schizophrenia can hear voices that are supposed to come from outside their head. Yet, what I'm discussing does not have anything to do with mental disease or disorder.

Each and every person is composed of two people. Upon talking to my friend today, I realized how alone I've am, became lonely, but quickly realized after that I've been my own advocate. When my perception is of one person, I feel lonely, detached, isolated. When I separate my thoughts into two, my identity split in half, which one part is the voice inside my head talking while the other part is the one listening to those thoughts and offering feedback for those thoughts.

I don't feel lonely very often, if at all, really. I have learned and taught myself to give myself conversations, to debate with myself, to make acute observations around the world around me, and then to react to that very same stimuli. I love and cherish both parts of myself, it's part of my self-love and care that I give to myself. What I'm talking about is referred to many people as Jesus, God, or some other identity that fulfills a need or purpose in that person's life. I have rationally deduced that that other person I am talking to isn't a different person at all, but rather, left brain talking to right brain, and right brain talking to left brain.

I can go on the record now to say that I believe that isolating yourself into two equal parts is the cure for loneliness, depression and a bunch of other ailments people go through while they remain as one. When people live together it's easy to be just one person, but when you live alone you have to learn and adapt to teach yourself to self-reflect, give and receive self-communication, and teach yourself to be your own best friend.

When I practice self-love I ultimately realize and take care of myself better than any one else knows how to. I can help and heal my thoughts, my feelings and behavior very fast. The only real downside is that people sometimes act weird in front of me if they see me talking to myself in public. But I'm used to it by now.

It's impossible to love anyone if you cannot love yourself first. By dividing myself and my thoughts into two, and compartmentalizing them, I am always in a state of acute awareness of my surroundings, with acknowledgements of what I recently done and what I need to do next. When I am absorbed into one person, I feel dread, isolation, loneliness, and detached, but when I am two, I always have someone to talk to, something to reflect on my surroundings, as one is always doing the thing the other one isn't doing.

The same thing that is preventing me from making friends is the one thing that has helped me keep my sanity throughout all these years of living by myself. I talk to myself every day, with verbal commands and thoughts I give to myself.

As someone who suffers from bipolar, I've experienced mixed states where part of me would be manic while the other part of me would depressed, and when it reaches its height I often try committing suicide as a result. Thankfully, I survived the multiple suicide attempts I've had throughout the years, but it's been almost ten years since my latest suicide attempt, due to how I now handle negative feelings, and coping and learning to truly live by myself for extended periods of time.

No one person is just one person. There is always internal conflict, and that internal pressure is always there, dividing each cell in your body into two, over and over again, the old cells being replaced by new ones. You'll never be truly alone no matter how alone you are or feel that you are. The faster you come to this realization the better you'll feel about yourself and your situation, no matter how difficult things may seem now. It's even more apparent to me after realizing that most people do more than one thing at any one given point.

Remember that you are not just one person. You will always have yourself and each of every part of that to contend with at any given moment. Remember that. One part says go, the other part says stop, but whichever part of you is more dominant will ultimately tell you where to go next. :)
Absolutely one can find true happiness in their solitude. The way you described it was beautiful, splitting yourself into two. I see it as being your own friend.

However, one must not ignore the repercussions of being lonely. Long terms of isolation can cause social anxiety, low self esteem in social situations, it can increase risk of heart conditions, and lonely people are proven to die younger.

Jim Carrey once said that solitude can become addicting, and it can. You should learn to be happy alone and to love yourself, those are two very important things to learn in life, if not one of the most important things. You become self reliant that way. At the same time, it's just as important to be social when the time calls for it and try to bond with people, at least on the most basic level such as coworkers and acquaintances. Humans are social creatures, this includes introverts.

There is a condition called Schizoid Personality Disorder in which the sufferers actually do not enjoy socializing. This is different from Avoidant Personality Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder because Schizoids are repulsed by socializing and making connections, whereas the other two fear it. The long term affects of SPD include anhedonia, depression, apathy, among other things.

I am not entirely sure if online communities and friend suffice the need for social interaction. I think there is also a human need for in-person contact that internet bonding cannot fulfill, but internet bonding certainly covers a lot of the needs for social interaction.