• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thread length

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
While I suspect that many exceptions can be found, it seems to me that, after the first few pages, a thread's value is (roughly) inversely proportional to its length. Come to think of it, would it not be great if thread initiators received royalties for each response? I'm thinking of something akin to:

Was Jesus a Myth or Was the Virgin Birth a Triumph of Creationism Over Evolution?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think I took a double dose of levothyroxine, a hormone replacement

@ChristineM

drug for the thyroid. I keep falling asleep.

Thats why i have one of those pill holders, 7 compartments, fill it once a week with the precise daily dose in each compartment.

10068065g_7dayPillOrganizer_1200.jpg

All i have to do then is remember what day it is

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While I suspect that many exceptions can be found, it seems to me that, after the first few pages, a thread's value is (roughly) inversely proportional to its length. Come to think of it, would it not be great if thread initiators received royalties for each response? I'm thinking of something akin to:

Was Jesus a Myth or Was the Virgin Birth a Triumph of Creationism Over Evolution?
Sometimes longer threads become uninteresting.
Not always.
Other times short threads start out that way.
Don't blame thread length.

Heyo

Veteran Member
While I suspect that many exceptions can be found, it seems to me that, after the first few pages, a thread's value is (roughly) inversely proportional to its length.
True.
Come to think of it, would it not be great if thread initiators received royalties for each response? I'm thinking of something akin to:

You mean "each unique response to the OP"?
Threads are not only characterized by their length, there is also the number of participants and, more specific, the number of participants who respond to the OP. Threads rarely get long by a great number of people responding to the original message. After page 5 it is usually a handful of participants who have gone off a wild tangent.