• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remote live darshans

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Hello everyone :heart:

I noticed more and more temples around the world setting up live streaming to broadcast darshan and pujas in real time.
Personally I think it's an amazing idea to help connect people to the temple energy and to the deva, even if they are on the other side of the world. I know when I left India, I used to watch a lot of Siddhivinayaka livestreams while working just to remember fondly when I used to go.

What do you think of this unique way of receiving darshan from all around the world ? Should it be encouraged in temples ?
Also post your favorite live darshans if you want too ! Let's share :smile:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I noticed more and more temples around the world setting up live streaming to broadcast darshan and pujas in real time.
Personally I think it's an amazing idea to help connect people to the temple energy and to the deva, even if they are on the other side of the world. I know when I left India, I used to watch a lot of Siddhivinayaka livestreams while working just to remember fondly when I used to go.
Oh, yeah. Darshans, congregations (one needs to disitnguish between the useful and the useless), pujas and festivals. Nice way to know what is happening in at different places in India. Not just for the diaspora but also for Hindus who are in India. Better than the trash on Facebook, Whatsapp and Telegram.
You have a wonderful signature.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The greatest and never before show is coming up for the consecration of the new idol of 'Rāmlalā', child form of Lord Rama, will be consecrated in the newly built temple of Lord Rama, here is the program. I think nearly all will be televised live by 'Door Darshan', the Indian government TV channel and many other Indian news channels.

• 15 January 2024 - On this day Kharmas are ending on Makar Sankranti. The idol of Rāmlalā i.e. the idol of the child form of Shri Ram will be installed in the sanctum sanctorum.
  • 16 January 2024 - From this day, the rituals for the residence of the idol of Rāmlalā will also begin.
  • 17 January 2024 - From this day the statue of Rāmlalā will be taken out for a city tour.
  • 18 January 2024 - The process of consecration of life will begin from this day. There will be mandap entry puja, Vaastu puja, Varun puja, Vighnaharta Ganesh puja and Matrika puja.
  • 19 January 2024 - Yagya fire pit will be established in Ram temple. The fire will be lit by a special method.
  • 20 January 2024 - The sanctum sanctorum of Ram temple will be sanctified with 81 Kalash, in which water from different rivers has been collected. There will be a Vaastu peace ritual.
  • 21 January 2024 - On this day, amidst special worship and havan in the Yagya ritual, Rāmlalā will take a divine bath with 125 urns.
  • The consecration is to take place on 22 January 2024 . On this day, there will be a great puja of Rāmlalā in Mrigashira Nakshatra in the middle period.
I have not said 'never after', because if we get the possession of the temple lands in Mathura or Varanasi, equally huge programs will be held there also. Be ready for the grand show.

Last edited: