• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Job - Help!

robtex

Veteran Member
. I'm applying to Grad Schools for secondary teaching education,

:sad4:
with that on your horizon any job where you work with kids is probably going to droll over your application. Is the job market really tough there? You may want to try a temp agency so you can get work while you look for more permanent job.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
with that on your horizon any job where you work with kids is probably going to droll over your application. Is the job market really tough there? You may want to try a temp agency so you can get work while you look for more permanent job.

When GC and I moved here we thought it would be a great place to get started on our lives together. The city was just down the road, there is a very popular University in town and it's everything you would think of for a college town... except there is no job market. We moved in here in July of 2006, I didn't land the job at the hotel until November 06. It's hard to get across to people sometimes that there really isn't anything to be had here.. but I've been living here for over a year now, and I can tell you that there is almost nothing here. It sucks.

Luckily, I already have a tutoring position on my resume where I even co-taught a section :) Teachers are needed very badly up here, the university that we looked at a month ago told us that all of their graduates have found permanent employment as teachers.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Aww... I want to know. :(

I am thinking of quitting my job soon... Maybe sooner than I think... We'll just see how things go this weekend...