• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modi installs 'Dharma danda' in India's new parliament house

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How come he has to lie on his stomach?
What would happen if he did some pushups?

View attachment 78184
I do not think Mr. Modi can do push-ups now. I think he has some problem in his shoulders as well. As you can see, he has not done a 'Sashtanga Pranam' (full stretch bow). He is 73 years of age now and has a paunch even when his normal food is 'kedgeree' (Risotto). He is a vegetarian. It is his view that a person should leave politics after reaching 75, and I think he will do just that. If his party wins the next election, it is likely that he would hand over the charge to someone else and become a monk. He wanted to become a monk when he was 18 or 20, but the head of the Ramakrishna Mission refused to accept his request for some reason. He does not have any house or land-holding, does not own a car, and gives his salary in charity. Please know that he has been the Chief Minister of Gujarat, a prosperous Indian state for 13 years and Prime Minister of India for 9 years. His assets totaled USD 325,000 in 2019 which is about 75% of the cost of the apartment in which we live. He has no family other than people of India.
Is there in the whole world, any leader of a (large) nation who is as poor as him?

PR is a part of politics. And Indian culture cannot be disassociated with politics. The investititure of the scapter was done after prayers from all religions. One may also ask as to what was Lord Montgomery's need to give the scapter to Jawaharlal Nehru. Or what was the need to put the crown on Charles' head. He could have been declared the king even without that. But traditions at these times make them memorable. The scapter signifies 'duty' and 'justice', something that the parliament members need to remember. As for 21st Century, India is already there in all fields of science.

The monk who refused to accept Narendra Modi as a monk:
inspiration.jpg

Last edited:

River Sea

I do not think Mr. Modi can do push-ups now. I think he has some problem in his shoulders as well. As you can see, he has not done a 'Sashtanga Pranam' (full stretch bow). He is 73 years of age now and has a paunch even when his normal food is 'kedgeree' (Risotto). He is a vegetarian. It is his view that a person should leave politics after reaching 75, and I think he will do just that. If his party wins the next election, it is likely that he would hand over the charge to someone else and become a monk. He wanted to become a monk when he was 18 or 20, but the head of the Ramakrishna Mission refused to accept his request for some reason. He does not have any house or land-holding, does not own a car, and gives his salary in charity. Please know that he has been the Chief Minister of Gujarat, a prosperous Indian state for 13 years and Prime Minister of India for 9 years. His assets totaled USD 325,000 in 2019 which is about 75% of the cost of the apartment in which we live.
Is there in the whole world, any leader of a (large) nation who is as poor as him?

PR is a part of politics. And Indian culture cannot be disassociated with politics. The investititure of the scapter was done after prayers from all religions. One may also ask as to what was Lord Montgomery's need to give the scapter to Jawaharlal Nehru. Or what was the need to put the crown on Charles' head. He could have been declared the king even without that. But traditions at these times make them memorable. The scapter signifies 'duty' and 'justice', something that the parliament members need to remember. As for 21st Century, India is already there in all fields of science.

@Aupmanyav thankyou for explaining all this to me.

First, what I knew about Mr. Modi was that he didn't hear Swami Sanand and didn't prevent his death.

In 2018 Swami Sanand fasted for 111 days and passed away after being forcibly dragged to the hospital where he died within 24 hours.

This was to keep the Ganga River flowing and not have a hydropower dam. Where was Mr. Modi to hear Swami Sanand?

This was my beginning of learning about Mr. Modi. I didn't understand why Mr. Modi couldn't hear Swami Sanand when he's seeking to be heard.

I didn't know that Mr. Modi was having problems with his shoulders and he's thinking of leaving politics. I'm sorry for my asking about pushups. I need to be quiet and only read. And only ask serious questions.

I'm learning about Dharma, but I'm a beginner at this, and so Mr. Modi is into Dharma. The question I do have is, was Swami Sanand into Dharma too? However, what caused Mr. Modi, who's into Dharma, not to hear Swami Sanand? I'm confused?

I had mixed emotions about Mr. Modi because of this.

You wrote that : Mr. Modi's assets totaled USD 325,000 in 2019

And you explained: Mr. Modi a Chief Minister Prime Minister gives his salary in charity.

Mr. Modi then had money. As you previously stated, it costs a lot of money to run in Indian elections, but once elected, Mr. Modi gave away his salary to charity.

He does, after all, have some money. Because one can live comfortably in retirement with USD 325,000. Nonetheless, he gave away his money.

Is it common in Dharma to donate the majority of one's money to charity? Is there anyone in Dharma who keeps their wealth? How common is it for others to do what Mr. Modi did and give away ones wealth to charity?

First thing, you will need to belong to a caste or religion because people vote for that. Secondly, you have to have q lot of money, millions to spare. Indian elections cannot be fought without money

This is sad that Mr. Modi couldn't be a monk.

How did Mr. Modi deal with his disappointment at not being able to become a monk? Or is this unknown, because no one knows why he was denied? How difficult is it to become a Monk?

I need time to re-read this and learn more about what you wrote here

You wrote: PR is a part of politics. And Indian culture cannot be disassociated with politics. The investititure of the scapter was done after prayers from all religions. One may also ask as to what was Lord Montgomery's need to give the scapter to Jawaharlal Nehru. Or what was the need to put the crown on Charles' head. He could have been declared the king even without that. But traditions at these times make them memorable. The scapter signifies 'duty' and 'justice', something that the parliament members need to remember. As for 21st Century, India is already there in all fields of science.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@Aupmanyav thankyou for explaining all this to me.
First, what I knew about Mr. Modi was that he didn't hear Swami Sanand and didn't prevent his death.
In 2018 Swami Sanand fasted for 111 days and passed away after being forcibly dragged to the hospital where he died within 24 hours.
This was to keep the Ganga River flowing and not have a hydropower dam. Where was Mr. Modi to hear Swami Sanand?

Mr. Modi then had money. As you previously stated, it costs a lot of money to run in Indian elections, but once elected, Mr. Modi gave away his salary to charity.
He does, after all, have some money. Because one can live comfortably in retirement with USD 325,000. Nonetheless, he gave away his money.

Is it common in Dharma to donate the majority of one's money to charity? Is there anyone in Dharma who keeps their wealth? How common is it for others to do what Mr. Modi did and give away ones wealth to charity?
How did Mr. Modi deal with his disappointment at not being able to become a monk? Or is this unknown, because no one knows why he was denied? How difficult is it to become a Monk?
Dams on rivers are necessary for irrigation and electricity. Without that economic progress is not possible, whatever the swamis may say.
Mr. Modi does not have any money to spend on his election. His party does that. And, of course, BJP is the richest political party in India today.
Yeah, sure, it is possible to live fairly comfortably in India with USD 325,000. But my hunch is that Mr. Modi will give away his money. He will get a pension after retirement, even that will be more than what he may require. How much two frugal vegetarian meals cost?
It is not common to part with one's money. Not many people do it. Modi can do it because of his total dedication to nation building.
After he was refused monkship, Modi immersed himself in his nationalist organization, the RSS.

Modi practically has no family. He used to visit his family while his mother was alive. He has three brothers and two sisters, but he has never shown any favor to them. They are middle class people. Narendra Modi is married but has not lived with his wife. He offered to divorce her but she refused that. Yashoda Modi was a school teacher and lives a retired life with her father's family. I feel sorry for her. That is one thing that Mr. Modi has not done right.

Yashoda Narendra Modi
Jashodaben-Narendrabhai-Modi-768x484.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You wrote that : Mr. Modi's assets totaled USD 325,000 in 2019.
Mr. Modi's assets total USD 240,000 in March 2022 (normally, assets of politicians increase when they are in power). Modi will give information on his assets in March 2024 when he applies as a candidate for Parliamentary elections. Let us see how much would he own at that time.