• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That's ok. :) Since humans and chimpanzees are said to have split from a common ancestor millions of years ago, would you say that means humans are chimpanzees?

No.

OR perhaps are they both their purported "common ancestor"?

Yes. AKA Primate.

I wouldn't say so, but obviously some here would

Along with every publishing biologist in the world.

As for your second question, yes, to keep the thread going, or better yet for me to understand your question, I do believe chimpanzees have stayed as chimpanzees. What do you think?

I think you need to finally learn from the mistake you have been repeating for years and which has been corrected many a times since then.
I recently linked you to a post of 2021 where that mistake was explained to you. That's 3 years ago. How obtuse can you be?

Perhaps we can start there before I explore. :)

We already started there at least 3 years ago.
When will you catch up?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
And it's not because we are familty at all,

Except that it is. DNA is inherited by off spring and mutates. So the closer related, the more exact matches in the DNA.
It's not rocket science.

It's how we can differentiate your siblings from your cousins.

but because same functions are "programmed" with the same algorithms.

Yes. And that algorithm is evolution.
It works so well we even use it in practical applications as search heuristics or optimization modules. It's called "genetic algorithms".
It's using the principles of evolution to come up with system optimizations.

It's also widely used in machine learning.
Because it works.

That's because all living beings receive life from the same Creator. ;)
No. It's because all living creatures reproduce with variation and compete over limited resources in an ever changing environment.
When you have such in place, evolution is inevitable.

Eli G

Humans are not apes, great or small.

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes, apes 24.

Evidently no human came out of any ape.
Although evolutionists do not mention it much, apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes and humans only have 23. You might think that it is not much, but a difference of a single pair affects hundreds of genomic characteristics that make both species completely different from the beginning from the physical to the ability to think.

If it were true that humans came from apes, this difference of -2 chromosomes would have constituted a serious anomaly that would have destined the supposed new specimen(s) to non-survival, as proven by all known examples of chromosomal anomalies.

Down syndrome (trisomy 21), Patau syndrome (trisomy 13), Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18), Klinefelter syndrome (47, XXY), Turner syndrome (45, X), are some examples of chromosomal abnormalities in humans. Imagine that a pair of chromosomes ceases to exist or "change configuration", as evolutionists say happened to apes to become humans.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Although evolutionists do not mention it much, apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes and humans only have 23. You might think that it is not much, but a difference of a single pair affects hundreds of genomic characteristics that make both species completely different from the beginning from the physical to the ability to think.

If it were true that humans came from apes, this difference of -2 chromosomes would have constituted a serious anomaly that would have destined the supposed new specimen(s) to non-survival, as proven by all known examples of chromosomal anomalies.

Down syndrome (trisomy 21), Patau syndrome (trisomy 13), Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18), Klinefelter syndrome (47, XXY), Turner syndrome (45, X), are some examples of chromosomal abnormalities in humans. Imagine that a pair of chromosomes ceases to exist or "change configuration", as evolutionists say happened to apes to become humans.
This problem has been solved. You really have to be confused to think that you would know something about evolution that others do not know.

Too bad that I am on ignore. I could provide articles and explain how this turned into evidence for evolution.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
How do you know that other humans are wrong?
A difficult question as worded. Wrongness in others often reflects a biased cultural and religious view toward others who believe differently. Relying on subjective beliefs and differences increase the conflict of wrongness.

I realize we have differences on the human knowledge of the nature of our relationship to our physical existence concerning what is the objective and subjective, but I believe a more objective view of understanding of the nature of our physical existence is part of the foundation of a universal human relationship to nature. Many ancient tribal beliefs reject science and increase the conflict between humanity and nature.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
Earlier one was talking about the Universal Laws, now one has left that idea, right, please?

One means " universal", right?

Regards
I could easily accept you One as would everyone else, but each may define the One as their belief in the One. One is just a number unless you put it in a universal context beyond what one of the many conflicting beliefs claim. Not clear, and avoiding the problems of the rejecting of science claiming exclusive claims by many conflicting subjective religious beliefs.

Last edited:

Pogo

Trisomy is very different than fusion which occurs in 1 in a thousand live births and does not automatically cause sterility. Somebody lied to you and you parroted it. ;(

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trisomy is very different than fusion which occurs in 1 in a thousand live births and does not automatically cause sterility. Somebody lied to you and you parroted it. ;(
He knows that he is wrong. He is just afraid. That is why he has to pretend to put people on ignore so that when people go into detail as to how he is wrong he can pretend to have never seen it.

Pogo

He knows that he is wrong. He is just afraid. That is why he has to pretend to put people on ignore so that when people go into detail as to how he is wrong he can pretend to have never seen it.
"While both ignore and ignorant have similar etymologies, their meaning has diverged throughout their development. While 'ignore' refers to not paying attention to something, 'ignorance' refers to lack of knowledge of something."
While not always causally related, sometimes it is.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, monkeys remain monkeys. And by cladistics humans are monkeys. Thank you for confirming evolution is a fact again.
"Cladistics" do not necessarily reveal the truth about how life from the start came about, I.e., as purported in the theory of evolution. But if you want to believe that humans are monkeys as well as fish -- you go for it.

joelr

They get furious because I dedicated a topic to them where I make them wake up to their own reality: they believe in miracles more than believers themselves.

Believing that life came from things is more miraculous than believing that God shared his life with others. :cool:

PS: The automated response manual is falling short... You should stop hiring automated handlers on this forum and start putting some real humanity into the debates. It's something like "adding value to the forum"... because you are losing a lot of value with these types of answers that are more than boring and repeated ad nauseum.

A lowbrow attempt at gaslighting people who bother to educate themself on a subject. Maybe that works for you in bad relationships. Here it just looks like a high schooler who just discovered emotional manipulation. I'll post what I post, maybe since it's a DEBATE forum you can, y'know, debunk it. With evidence?
Gaslighting isn't debunking. It's a lot of other things. None good.

There is no miracle to evolution and the slow development of conscious beings. Nor is there a miracle in literature. Yahweh is a typical Near Eastern deity who adds on Persian and then Greek features. Later Aquinas and others borrowed Graeco-Roman theology and philosophy to make Yahweh a modern god beyond space and tie, tri-omni. It was a myth when Plato wrote it and it still is when added to Yahweh.

There is much we don't know. We do know religions are extremely likely to be syncretic mythology. We do have massive evidence at every stage of development.
God "shared his life"? Like when he flooded the world, made all women have pain in childbirth, told people to take women and children as plunder of war and kill every living thing in 6 cities. Sends plagues for lame reasons. Those apologetics work if you don't read the book and don't actually care about truth or evidence.
It's all based on a revelation.

So is Islam, Mormonism, Hinduism, Bahai, a dude said a god contacted him. Yeah that's quite a miracle. Even Ron Hubbard can do it it's 'so easy to trick people.

"Things" are real, governed by probabilities which means anything can happen given enough time. That explains everything right there.
"God" is not proven, no evidence, and a made up paradox of nonsense. The idea is in our mind because all babies have god-like beings who seemingly have ultimate power, feed them, care for them, can do anything. Parents. To a 6 month old a parent is a god.
We grow up with the idea still mulling around. So that explains the idea.

Now provide some good evidence that Islam or Mormons cannot.

gnostic

The Lost One
@Eli G

I will say to again, atheism only deal with the (personal or philosophical) question of the existence of God, meaning an atheist
  • either don’t believe any deity
  • or lack the belief in any deity.
That’s all. Nothing more, nothing less than just that.

That is entire scope of what

Atheism is not only, not science, it is not study of nature. Being an atheist doesn’t make one a scientist.

At best, it could be called a philosophy, but a philosophy would imply a school of thought, which it isn’t. There are no schools for atheism.

But just as atheism has nothing to do with science, atheism also have nothing to do with politics, nor that of morals.

Anything that you’d attach to atheism, are just excessive baggage of your personal belief, and they are irrelevant to atheism, and those baggage have nothing to do with atheism.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is not magic. :facepalm:
Magic is the alteration of reality independently of the rules of reality.

That's to say, God, and any other miracle worker, operates by magic.

Oddly, no religion that I'm aware of that believes in miracles, has established a systematic study of the subject with a view to identifying HOW they're done, thus enabling humans to work miracles too.

That's always seemed to me to be a deep-down awareness in those same believers that religion is a game, like being in, say, a Harry Potter novel, where rules that don't work in reality are allowed.

Perhaps you can offer a better explanation for this lack of curiosity, which otherwise might appear to be a deliberate blind eye to the question.

He is a real powerful spirit person who decided to create a universe full of life and to which he dedicated a lot of love when he made it. We have an existence with purpose, starting from a Father who gave us life.
That's like the opening of a novel. Yet in that universe, which is to say, out here in reality, no such being is found ─ never appears, never says, never does, answers prayers at the same rate as chance.

Or a game where you've drawn the card GOD and it tells you what powers you have in the game.

That is not magic, nor a miracle, because the power and knowledge of the Creator exceeds our limited human understanding. He could, and so he did.
What quality does God have that a superscientist who can create universes, raise the dead, travel in time &c lacks? Or is God just a superscientist [him]self?